Considered a XenForo Owners' Social/Meeting?

Alteran Ancient

This is exactly what it says on the tin. I would hope stranger danger isn't a problem by now...

So, am I completely crazy, or has this idea ever crossed anyone else's mind? Some sort of meet-up or otherwise social gathering, at which XenForo website/forum owners might get a chance to converse in whatever they want to converse about, with participants varying from the young and enthusiastic webmaster, to the wiser veterans of the industry.

Now, I suggest this, because of how different the XenForo support community is compared with other software community groups. There's a sort of feeling of "belonging" with the XF community that doesn't happen with other communities.

If you're not really down with this sort of thing, then we can just pass it off as some crazy idea. However, if I've piqued your interest, then this idea might be worth discussing - a time and place, etc.

Obviously, I'd propose some sort of populous to gather, say, London. Probably on a Saturday, etc. You get the idea. Naturally, my proposal has a UK bias, but this doesn't at all stop any US or other continental groups from arranging their own socials.

Something like this?
article-2304811-190A185B000005DC-997_636x441.jpg

Still waiting on a announcement from @Kier
I was thinking of organising a XenForo conference for next year... but not your normal software conference where you head into London to sit in a dreary lecture theater while someone with dubious personal hygiene waffles on at the front...

How about hiring a big marquee that we put up in a field or on a beach somewhere, and we all pile in there. With no shoes allowed of course! ;)

I can handle the Australian one, I'm in Melbourne so I'm happy to try and arrange the local one here. (I don't have an Aussie accent though yet...) :ROFLMAO:

This is exactly what it says on the tin. I would hope stranger danger isn't a problem by now...

So, am I completely crazy, or has this idea ever crossed anyone else's mind? Some sort of meet-up or otherwise social gathering, at which XenForo website/forum owners might get a chance to converse in whatever they want to converse about, with participants varying from the young and enthusiastic webmaster, to the wiser veterans of the industry.

Now, I suggest this, because of how different the XenForo support community is compared with other software community groups. There's a sort of feeling of "belonging" with the XF community that doesn't happen with other communities.

If you're not really down with this sort of thing, then we can just pass it off as some crazy idea. However, if I've piqued your interest, then this idea might be worth discussing - a time and place, etc.

Obviously, I'd propose some sort of populous to gather, say, London. Probably on a Saturday, etc. You get the idea. Naturally, my proposal has a UK bias, but this doesn't at all stop any US or other continental groups from arranging their own socials.
Why not a google hangout or something. I don't want to fly...

Where is everyone?
I've been hanging around in my XenForo hoodie for hours.

Did I get the date wrong?
Hoodies? Where do I sign up?

In all seriousness, I'd be interested to see if there was a group-up for London. It might exclude anyone who lives in Texas, sure, but that doesn't stop them from forming their own party to give us that familiar feeling of exclusion.

Why not a google hangout or something. I don't want to fly...
It's just not the same. It's better than nothing, though.

Top Bottom