Third party Confirmation email not sent from here? Username issue?

RobParker

Hi

I tried registering here earlier but after waiting a while my confirmation email didn't arrive and after a few tried to resend it I ended up creating a second account with a different email address which worked straight away.

The email address which wasn't working is a @me.com (mobileme) one and is working fine for other incoming mail.

I wasn't sure whether somehow you've made it onto Apple's spam filter but another reason may be that the username I registered with had pipes in it (it was |Rob|).

Is this a known issue at all?

(I wasn't sure of another way of getting in touch without creating a second account. I'd be happy for this account to be deleted if the |Rob| one ends up working.)

Cheers

Rob

Is this a known issue at all?

Spam filters are a known issue. ;)

More often than not, intermittent email receiving problems are the result of spam filters. Where the forum application is concerned, outgoing email is generally all or nothing. Since you received the email at your other address we know outgoing email is working from here. Therefore the problem must be on the receiving end, like a spam filter.

If it's a spam filter it's the one run by Apple for MobileMe so probably not a good thing to be on it...

Not sure I agree with your logic on the problem having to be on the receiving end. The characters I used in the name that didn't work might be an issue, I know VB used to have some issues with usernames with & symbols in them and thought this potentially could be similar.

I just tested a user registration with pipes (|Jake|) and it worked fine. I received the activation email at my yahoo address. I don't have a mobileme address to test.

Top Bottom