XF 1.5 Confirmation E-mail Problems

Hello everyone,

When anyone tries to register to my forum, the confirmation e-mail is not being sent to their e-mail account. So, new members are unable to register.

Is there a way I can resolve this?

Thank you,
Dominic

Hi Brogan,

This is what I have set up, so yep - Default PHP :

Email Transport Method
      • Set return path with -f parameter (recommended, but does not work on all servers)

I have several error logs ( from about 6 people trying to register )

#0 /home/vielight/public_html/community/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Sendmail->_sendMail()
#1 /home/vielight/public_html/community/library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
#2 /home/vielight/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Mail.php(175): Zend_Mail->send(Object(Zend_Mail_Transport_Sendmail))
#3 /home/vielight/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Mail.php(152): XenForo_Mail->sendMail(Object(Zend_Mail))
#4 /home/vielight/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Model/UserConfirmation.php(153): XenForo_Mail->send('georgi.cholakov...', 'Test')
#5 /home/vielight/public_html/community/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/AccountConfirmation.php(108): XenForo_Model_UserConfirmation->sendEmailConfirmation(Array)
#6 /home/vielight/public_html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenForo_ControllerPublic_AccountConfirmation->actionResend()
#7 /home/vielight/public_html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#8 /home/vielight/public_html/community/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#9 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(67) "http://vielight.com/community/index.php?account-confirmation/resend"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["account-confirmation/resend"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(5) {
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(38) "/community/index.php?register/register"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

Last edited:
You've missed the actual error message (the first line) but based on the backtrace, the failure is at the server level.
You can check the server mail log to see why it is failing.

Your host should be able to help with that if you aren't sure how to.

Looks like you have the -f parameter set... have you tried it without it also (especially since it warns you that it may not work on all servers).

Top Bottom