Configure server cluster for big board

I'm preparing to convert my big board (30M posts) from vBulletin to Xenforo. I need someone to configure the server cluster:

2 load balancers (haproxy)
3 web servers - litespeed or nginx
2 database servers - mariadb
2 file servers - glusterfs
1 backup server

Would like this work performed as soon as possible. Using centminmod is ok.

You'd need to give much more info than that to get an accurate/informed response.
Average page views? Avg per day vistors? Peak visitors? Avg qty of SQL reads and writes?
How many posts you have is irrelevant really (other than storage requirements) - it's usage that important and that you're trying to scope for.

Average page views is about 1M per day. Average visitors is 100,000 per day. Here is iostat for db server:

[root@db01 ~]# iostat
Linux 2.6.32-573.12.1.el6.x86_64 (db01) 04/23/2017 _x86_64_ (32 CPU)

avg-cpu: %user %nice %system %iowait %steal %idle
6.60 0.07 1.10 0.17 0.00 92.06

Device: tps Blk_read/s Blk_wrtn/s Blk_read Blk_wrtn
sdb 221.13 8934.66 8057.83 324289503090 292464396420

Your Real Time visitors, based on Google Analytics?
Average Daily Post Count?

I asked, because I have few forums close to that stats.
Having 15k daily post count.
1,000-1,300 real time visitors.

But only using single Dedicated Server.

Does your forum have any addons? I have the DB Tech Thanks addon that's a forum killer for a board my size but my users love it and flood the forum with complaints when it's disabled. There are currently 30M thanks stored in the database. This mod will not be installed when the forum converts to Xenforo, but something similar will be (Post Ratings addon). There are some special event nights where the forum traffic doubles and I have to disable all of the addons to keep it running. I want a setup I can grow into.

Your Real Time visitors, based on Google Analytics?
Average Daily Post Count?

I asked, because I have few forums close to that stats.
Having 15k daily post count.
1,000-1,300 real time visitors.

But only using single Dedicated Server.

Reactions: rdn
17 years old Forum, nice (y).
XenForo is a lot different compared to VB and can save you a lot of Server resources.

Top Bottom