XF 1.3 Config.php

Sunka

Hi,
I lost all my data on server.
I could upload all files from Xenforo, and I have my database backup.
I see that in default folder (library) there is config.php file, could I just put my data in there and that will be enough, or I have to install vanilla Xenforo and then merge clean database with old one.
The point is in the config.php file that exist with old forum, and I have to make old one from new one - Will it be enough to fill in the data that is set in default config.php or will i have to add aditional data too (which one?)?
Stupid choice of words but I hope that you will understand what I mean.

Thanks

You will need to import your database backup into a clean database, and then enter the details of the new database into the config.php file.

Liam

Default config.php look like this:

PHP:
<?php

$config['db']['host'] = 'localhost';
$config['db']['port'] = '3306';
$config['db']['username'] = '';
$config['db']['password'] = '';
$config['db']['dbname'] = '';

$config['superAdmins'] = '1';

So, after I import my database backup into a clean database, and upload files, I only have to enter this into the config.php file?
  • Username
  • Password
  • dbname

Nothing more? I do not remember is config.php which is created during installation of forum have some additional data or just 6 of them like this original?

Also, I have some mods installed too, my plan is first to import database, then upload original xenforo files and then all files from installed mods. Is that correct?

Top Bottom