1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Config.php

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Sunka, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Sunka

Sunka Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I lost all my data on server.
    I could upload all files from Xenforo, and I have my database backup.
    I see that in default folder (library) there is config.php file, could I just put my data in there and that will be enough, or I have to install vanilla Xenforo and then merge clean database with old one.
    The point is in the config.php file that exist with old forum, and I have to make old one from new one - Will it be enough to fill in the data that is set in default config.php or will i have to add aditional data too (which one?)?
    Stupid choice of words but I hope that you will understand what I mean.

Thanks

2. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

You will need to import your database backup into a clean database, and then enter the details of the new database into the config.php file.

Liam

Sunka likes this.
  3. Sunka

Sunka Well-Known Member

Default config.php look like this:

PHP:
    <?php

$config
    ['db']['host'] = 'localhost';
    $config['db']['port'] = '3306';
    $config['db']['username'] = '';
    $config['db']['password'] = '';
    $config['db']['dbname'] = '';

$config['superAdmins'] = '1';
    So, after I import my database backup into a clean database, and upload files, I only have to enter this into the config.php file?
    • Username
    • Password
    • dbname

Nothing more? I do not remember is config.php which is created during installation of forum have some additional data or just 6 of them like this original?

Also, I have some mods installed too, my plan is first to import database, then upload original xenforo files and then all files from installed mods. Is that correct?

4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That is correct. You only need to enter those details.

Sunka likes this.