Fixed config.php.default missing fullUnicode line

Jake B.

Affected version
2.x
If you copy config.php.default and then install from CLI you won't have emoji support because this line is missing

When the config.php file is created through the install interface it adds the line automatically.

From that page:

If you are installing a brand new XenForo, rather than upgrading from an existing version, you may include emoji support from the outset. The installer will add the necessary line to your src/config.php file automatically, if you allow the installation system to build your config file for you.

Only if if you allow the installation system to build your config file for you, otherwise you need to add it yourself.

Only if if you allow the installation system to build your config file for you, otherwise you need to add it yourself.

I, and I'm sure others, would expect the file labelled as "default" to have similar contents to what you would get by having the install process build it for you. I think we're fine to leave it up to XF to determine whether this is intentional or not :)

Last edited:
I think we're fine to leave it up to XF to determine whether this is intentional or not :)
Indeed.

If this is a new install and you have to create the config manually, then it stands to reason that the default config should contain the same default values that the system itself would create.

Mostly just an oversight because the default config isn't likely used very much, but if it does, we would want it to have the full unicode value.

Thank you for reporting this issue. It has now been resolved and we are aiming to include it in a future XF release (2.1.1).

Change log:
Ensure we include the fullUnicode default for new installs in the config.php.default file.
Any changes made as a result of this issue being resolved may not be rolled out here until later.

Top Bottom