1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Conection lost when rebuilding caches

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by polle, Jan 17, 2012.

1. polle

polle Active Member

I was installing an addon and it was rebuilding caches, templates, etc… I lost conection and the tasks did not finished.

Now I have a blank forum and a no style admin, how can I fix it ?

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Visit /install. There will be an option to rebuild the master data. That will rebuild the caches.
  3. polle

polle Active Member

Thanks Jake.

I did, it took over 30 minutes and fail, I am trying again now, but its really really slow and hanging there. Any advice ?
  4. Jake Bunce

Is there any specific error message? You might be hitting a server limit. An error message would indicate that.
  5. polle

polle Active Member

This second time it worked :) so its up and running again. There was no error (I think), it just told an error ocurred and things cannot finished -start again-.

It seems its ok now but I have a question. As the addon did not finished installing, should I delete the addon and add it again ?

6. Jake Bunce

The addon probably installed fine, it was just the cache that was the problem... which should no longer be a problem now that it is successfully rebuilt.
  7. polle

polle Active Member

Thanks, will do it anyway to test, because everything is so slow, so something is not working correct.