Condense the Forum List

Amaury

Just a little idea I wanted to share.

Sometime last year, the suggestions area was changed a little bit. Closed Suggestions, which had another name originally, was made into a sub-forum of XenForo Suggestions.

I think something similar could be done with the bug reports. Make Resolved Bug Reports and Future-Fix Bug Reports sub-forums of XenForo Bug Reports and rename Resolved Bug Reports to Closed Bug Reports not only to match Closed Suggestions, but because "resolved" usually implies something was fixed, and that is definitely not the case with bug reports prefixed with anything other than Fixed.

I was also thinking that the XenForo Bug Reports forum could be moved into the Public Forums category above XenForo Suggestions, removing the XenForo Bug Reports category in the process, since it is public.

This would condense the forum list just a little bit.

What do you guys think?

A resolution doesn't imply a fix. All of the prefixes are valid resolutions.

As to the suggestions forum, they were combined as the distinction wasn't clear enough and duplicates were posted in both forums. Made management a nightmare.

A resolution doesn't imply a fix. All of the prefixes are valid resolutions.

Oops. I worded that wrong. I meant that, from what I've seen, a lot of people will usually think "fixed" when seeing or hearing any form of the word "resolve."

Top Bottom