Concrete5 - Open Source CMS - Easier than Joomla ? More options than Wordpress ?

Digital Doctor

I'm starting to look into concrete5

You will love it :) If my old man does then everyone will :D

.... and aside from the ease of use it's well written using an MVC architecture just like xenforo. and if I ever need a custom code it's a piece of cake (reasonable folks)

I did see their cool inline editing
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Anyone have a Concrete5 / Xenforo site ?

At this stage nothing beats WP because first it is a good product and second the sheer number of plugins hacks and .....

C5 is equally good but not as popular and need to write (or hire) your own plugins custom stuff :)

I was looking at Concrete5 six months ago, I was looking for a robust CMS that can power a gaming site, but I passed because I looked around the site and got the impression that the installation process is hard, and other things I'm embarrassed about talking about.

I was looking at Concrete5 six months ago, I was looking for a robust CMS that can power a gaming site, but I passed because I looked around the site and got the impression that the installation process is hard, and other things I'm embarrassed about talking about.

The installation neeeeeds one thing : good server :)

I installed Concrete5 in 5 minutes on a regular Webserver from my provider. It´s very easy install process. - Combination XenForo and Concrete5 would be a cool solution.

C5 uses a great deal of Zend ... it's not for a weak server :) and most of the shared hosting will struggle for lack of opcode like APC. that is IF you were successful installing it :D
I don't know where you are getting your facts from but Zend is not resource intensive or that slow... people think it is bloated but it only uses what it needs. There are many issues with ZF (and ZF2 looks like the beginning of the end so far) but being slow isn't one of them.

On topic. I stopped taking clients for making websites from the ground up because the clients usually were too stupid (read - old) to maintain themselves and I didn't want to do it with what little time I have, even when charging modest fees.

However this looks like something I could train someone to use fairly easily and from the quote in the OP (will be looking at code after writing this) it is something I might be interested in modding and possibly make a bridge to XenForo. However people don't like to pay for products on open source platforms so I can't see me doing too much there.

Symphony CMF (Content Managment Framework) looks really promissing

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I analysed more then 400 Systems now. XenForo is one of the intuitive ones. VBulletin 5 is that, what we all want.

- XenForo in combination with concrete5 would be a cool solution,
because of the media features of concrete5 and the fast editing posibilities on the frontpage.

If i were a programmer like some of the pro developer in our XenForo community, i would programme a bridge, or a "content container fill in" solution for concrete5.

I looked into concrete and would bridge it but their architecture just isn't very good. I don't like how they do many things.

I do want to find a well coded CMS that I can bridge to XenForo. Although guiltar has a CMS in the works so it will most likely do. And then there is TYPO3 v5 coming out soonish.

I looked into concrete and would bridge it but their architecture just isn't very good. I don't like how they do many things. - I do want to find a well coded CMS that I can bridge to XenForo. Although guiltar has a CMS in the works so it will most likely do. And then there is TYPO3 v5 coming out soonish.

With concrete5 you can make content very fast. With a lot of multi media in it. The only weak thing is the forum. Typo3 is to complicated and its not possible to do things on the fly like with concrete5.

A cool solution with drupal is this Web-cms-find . Drupal with XenForo would be a big dreadnought on the market. A cool one too, is CMS made simple. Or as ready comunity out of the box phpfox . Or for programmers the pimcore solution.

But i think users want to make things easy. Bring their conceptions in seconds into a solution that is flexible and intuitive like XenForo (y)

Errr... I am talking from a code point of view the none of the ones you have said have good code. I refuse to work with terrible code. CMS made simple, easily has the worst code I have seen out of all languages. I am surprised anyone ever works with it. It was a pain to get through one file.

Anyways... Typo3 has their new version which is meant to be pretty cool. And looking at concrete5 as an end user it would be my choice. If I ever had to use a CMS to build a website from the ground up it would most likely be my choice.

Drupal code is bad once again and I never thought it was even that good of a CMS personally. I do hear they are moving to symfony so good things are coming. Pimcore I have also looked at and since it is based on Zend it would probably be my choice to bridge with XenForo however I do find their end user side of things to be very complicated so would be for advanced users.

I have also read a fair bit about how slow concrete5 is. I would still like to bridge it though, even as an experiment.

I'm very tired and sick so this post is all over the place... :/ Last point I will make... when I look at these I look at them for profit. Tonight I looked at concrete5 as a potential market to move into with selling add-ons but the market doesn't seem to be there and the code isn't good enough to justify the work. So I have decided I will move into the IPB market and port any add-ons I can see being profitable there as the XenForo market can barely pay my bills let alone feed me. Hopefully in a couple years I will be able to live off XenForo add-ons and work full time making new and better ones.

Hmm, some ot the points are right. And whats about MODX ?

With concrete5 i do a lot marketing and content tasks in a few seconds. Like we all do it here with XenForo.

Hmm interesting. Never heard of it before. Had a quick look over the code and I do admit I need to lower my standards for what I want in code (concrete5 isn't that bad) but MODX has done something I won't deal with. And that is more than one class per file.

Concrete and pimcore have the best code out of all of them so far. Oh and the new typo3 that is based on flow3 (although that is doing things in a different way so would be a learning curve). Got any others for me to look at?

I like FuelPHP and would like to see a CMS that works like concrete5 on it. Would get massive developer adoption if coded well enough.

Top Bottom