Compose Time

Compose Time 1.0

No permission to download

kolakube

Mangini submitted a new resource:

Compose Time - Time how long it takes to compose new messages.

Compose Time adds a smart clock to the post editor that times how long a new thread or post takes to write. Each time is averaged out and saved to the user's profile to add a fun edge to forum posting.

View attachment 254791

Ever been stuck at the editor? Spend too much time replying to posts? Need help pushing the reply button from time to time? This simple timer offers you and your users a remarkable...

Read more about this resource...

Ha, pretty neat. Would be kind of fun to be able to display the compose time for each post publicly as part of the post.

Would be a pretty useless stat post by post, but kinda interesting 😄

At first I thought this was a countdown timer, giving you a set amount of time to compose your post.

That could be pretty funny in a specific forum for quick fire replies only. Once you click into the editor the clock starts counting down, when it hit's the end it posts whatever is in the editor no matter what. 😁

Ha, pretty neat. Would be kind of fun to be able to display the compose time for each post publicly as part of the post.

Would be a pretty useless stat post by post, but kinda interesting 😄
Not a bad idea! It's so useless it would probably have to be hidden behind an icon or tool tip or something, but interesting indeed.

At first I thought this was a countdown timer, giving you a set amount of time to compose your post.
Yeah I tried to be careful with the language and had to rename the plug in mid-development because of the countdown vibes it started to have. 😅

That could be pretty funny in a specific forum for quick fire replies only. Once you click into the editor the clock starts counting down, when it hit's the end it posts whatever is in the editor no matter what. 😁
Haha nice.. I hope someone develops this as a companion addon and calls it something like "Post combust" or "Post Detonator".

How does it work with drafts? If I take 2 weeks to post does it say 2 weeks?
It only logs the time you spend clicked into the editor. So if you spent 3 minutes writing a post, leave, then come back 2 weeks later, your time is still 3 minutes.

It only logs the time you spend clicked into the editor. So if you spent 3 minutes writing a post, leave, then come back 2 weeks later, your time is still 3 minutes.
Seems like an inaccuracy as you may spend 20 minutes as you browse and contemplate but it says 1. But good luck with it.

Seems like an inaccuracy as you may spend 20 minutes as you browse and contemplate but it says 1. But good luck with it.
If that's 19 minutes spent elsewhere and 1 minute of actual writing in the editor, then you are correct. It's just a fun little freebie.

Just feedback from someone who uses the auto-save drafts a lot on my own site. :)
Ah, I misread your post which is why my reply sounded so obtuse. This idea actually spawned from me contemplating for too long on a post and not hitting reply, so I thought a little timer might help motivate my thought process a little. Curious to see the results of this addon after a while.

Oh yeah I meant if you start your reply, and want to think about it so browse in the same tab, and come back, it is there. This will not log that time away. Maybe it could using the draft table. :)

Oh yeah I meant if you start your reply, and want to think about it so browse in the same tab, and come back, it is there. This will not log that time away. Maybe it could using the draft table. :)
You could say the lower your average reply time is the more thought you've given the subject outside of your computer, which also can't be tracked.

In reality, this addon is just collecting data for my next addon called Thoughts Tracker which is slated for release by at least 2030.

I knew it! Sadly you'll be very disappointed with the quality of the data harvested from my thoughts. So hopefully you get some better quality candidates to ensure a strong return on the time invested on this.

I Dont Get It Over My Head GIF by Lil Jon

At risk of violating the privacy of my corporate investors, I can't answer any specifics about how this product unwittingly collects your thoughts.

- probably an actual quote, somewhere

Alright, so you are saying that if installed on my forum, there will some data collected somehow?

Alright, so you are saying that if installed on my forum, there will some data collected somehow?
This thread was quite professional until @RobinHood and @beerForo came around. 🤣

In all seriousness, absolutely no data is collected and this addon only does as advertised, and absolutely nothing more. Call it a passion project that we are all lucky the brilliant @Scandal had the time to build for us. :)

Top Bottom