1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Completely configure READ-ONLY forum

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by davidxd33, Oct 8, 2014.

1. davidxd33

davidxd33 Member

Hello, I'm creating a new forum and I would like to keep my existing forum online for public viewing in a read-only mode so users can lookup any old posts they've made.

To start off, I can just revoke all the permissions for creating and replying to topics however I think the forum will still be executing cron jobs and doing stuff with the database; I don't want this. Whatever is on the forum from the date of closing will be it. I don't need the forum running crons or anything else. Just simply viewing old topics.

So tl;dr, I would like to convert my old forum into a complete read-only mode. How would I go about doing this?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Revoking the permissions would be sufficient.

If you really wanted to, you could also disable the cron entries.

davidxd33 likes this.
  3. davidxd33

davidxd33 Member

Thanks, maybe in the future this functionality can be added to the application.

4. DennisSkov

DennisSkov Active Member

It is. You can disable all cron jobs from the admin cp.

5. davidxd33

davidxd33 Member

I mean a one click option to do this all for you for the people that aren't as "smart?".

6. DennisSkov

DennisSkov Active Member

I don't think it's that often that people want to have a read-only forum. Besides, you only have to change 4-5 settings. It's not time consuming.

Amaury likes this.