Compiled a list

No Way Out

I have such a moody and finnicky member base of my site....You do one thing wrong as simple as changing a theme and they will flip outt and i'll have an 8 page complaint list :P(which is sad since they can always choose the theme they want from the available themes) :P

So i compiled a list and these are the features they would need to stay happy should we decide to move to Xenforo.

1. Liking posts....can you like posts(similar to fb where if someone posts a reply to your status you can like that actual reply)

2. Virtual Store?

3. Lottery system?

4. Aracde(this is not an urgent thing but would be cool if you have it)

5. Photo Albums(able to upload their own pictures as well as they can comment on each other's albums?)

For my Staff
1. Moderator and admin logs
2 Warning System--How does it work with XF?

So for I am debating between Vbulletin and XF and I am impressed with Xf except i am unable to fin any type of themes I like.

I have such a moody and finnicky member base of my site....You do one thing wrong as simple as changing a theme and they will flip outt and i'll have an 8 page complaint list :p(which is sad since they can always choose the theme they want from the available themes) :p

So i compiled a list and these are the features they would need to stay happy should we decide to move to Xenforo.

1. Liking posts....can you like posts(similar to fb where if someone posts a reply to your status you can like that actual reply)

2. Virtual Store?

3. Lottery system?

4. Aracde(this is not an urgent thing but would be cool if you have it)

5. Photo Albums(able to upload their own pictures as well as they can comment on each other's albums?)

For my Staff
1. Moderator and admin logs
2 Warning System--How does it work with XF?

So for I am debating between Vbulletin and XF and I am impressed with Xf except i am unable to fin any type of themes I like.

1. Yes
2. Yes http://xenforo.com/community/resources/myshop.703/
3. Not afaik
4. Not yet
5. In the works by several addon author to the best of my knowledge.

Staff
1. Yes
2. Warnings are applied by points. When accumilating points, when they hit specified limits the account becomes limited as per your settings.

Also you'll have better luck finding themes here than VB. Last I looked VB's themer forums have all but dried out. A lot of good developers left. Looks like everyone answered all your questions well so I don't have anymore than that 2 cents there.

Much appreciated replies form you all :)

We've decided to get Xenforo. We're taking donations to help towards our licence and looks like we'll have our very own XF licesnse by the end of the month :p
You'll love it and so will your members. Mine sure did. :)

Fast, easy to use, user-friendly, cost effective, and uses less resources saving you on hosting as well. Along with all the many free skins, products, and add-ons; with some very cool paid ones as well.... It will be one of the best moves your community can make.

I know... We used...

phpBB
phpBB with WordPress
vBulletin
SMF
IPB
vBulletin Suite

And a few others before we settled on XenForo... Haven't looked back since. And my community has over 300 customization and we're still loading fast, still user friendly, still easy to use, and still using less resources.

It is a move you'll be glad you made ;)

Top Bottom