XF 2.2 Competition voting

Alvin63

I have a regular photo competition on the forum and at the closing date of it, add a poll for the purpose of voting, set for a week. This is kind of ok except for a few things. Firstly - there is a rule that members can't vote for themselves! But no way of seeing who has voted for who. When you click on "view results" it just shows the number of votes and percentage of votes for each category. Now it probably isn't a good idea for members to see who voted for who but it would be nice if I could! Also in the settings, I selected one vote. So they only get one vote. But is there any way I can set an extra vote for admin? Not 100% necessary but if there are two left at the end with no votes at all I'd like an extra vote to add just to make sure everyone gets something. Particularly while the forum is quite new and building up as not that many people to vote.

Is there any other way of doing competition voting that people have tried?

There is this:

For an extra admin vote I’d just create an extra admin for yourself

Thanks both. Yes good thinking. I have a "spare" member I joined up as for testing when I first set it up! So out of those two addons - do I need both? Or would the second one do what the first one does? I'm happy enough with using the poll but would like to see who members have voted for (ie not for themselves!)

There is this:

For an extra admin vote I’d just create an extra admin for yourself
Is there any other way of setting things so I can see who voted for who in a poll? I don't quite understand the description of this add on - maybe I'm wrong but it shows who voted, but not who they voted for?

Top Bottom