Community Hive

Community Hive 1.0.2

No permission to download
I have an adults only based saucy-spice type forum.

Is it ok if a degenerate like myself and my members join your nice clean service?

Power Eyebrows GIF by PowerWash Simulator

Did you remove the left menu of topics? I can't seem to find it any more. Just tags.
You can find updates here: https://talk.communityhive.com/topic/29-filter-tags-launched/
I have an adults only based saucy-spice type forum.

Is it ok if a degenerate like myself and my members join your nice clean service?

Power Eyebrows GIF by PowerWash Simulator
Yes, we allow adult sites. They won't show in Discover until you set the proper audience AND a visitor opt-in to view adult sites.

And again the question, how will google evaluate the duplicate content.
Will Google even be allowed to crawl it? There doesn't seem to be any benefit for us if they do that.

It's also a bit odd for the end user, as they'd click the Google link to go to the snippet, then have to click again to actually read it.

Not to be rude, but why are you bashing Xenforo but then wanting to draw Xenforo users to it?

Xenforo is certainly a static, aging platform and we are happy to bring a bit of modern thinking to their ecosystem.

If you're wanting Xenforo members to try out the service, shouldn't you be more welcoming? Or is it just to try to draw more traffic to your site which eventually you will profit from? Even your own members see this forthcoming.

If it works I think soon ads or sponsored/promoted content/feeds will follow. I don't think I will be using it.

Will Google even be allowed to crawl it? There doesn't seem to be any benefit for us if they do that.

It's also a bit odd for the end user, as they'd click the Google link to go to the snippet, then have to click again to actually read it.
Google could crawl the content but that's not really our goal. Also, we do not store the content-snippets from your community for very long so it would not be very beneficial.

However, we will be adding a community profile page that will allow you to show your community name, logo, a brief description, and the most recent items from your Community Hive feed on a static page. This would be available for Google to index (also searchable right on Community Hive) and, other than the feed part, is static and perma-linked so it would be a benefit to your community SEO.

If you have more questions, please post on https://talk.communityhive.com as we monitor that more than here. Thanks!

All this information (and more) is available on our privacy policy.
It should be on the About page.

There will be paid tiers that push your sites higher in their feed.
Eww. I'm much less interested now. If it's starting off like this, I can only imagine how much worse it will get in 5-10 years.

Or will it generate more traffic to the community hive and make us completely dependent?
Good question. Becoming dependent on them and then having to pay to get your site to show up in their results sounds like we'd be selling our soul to them.

Not to be rude, but why are you bashing Xenforo but then wanting to draw Xenforo users to it?

If you're wanting Xenforo members to try out the service, shouldn't you be more welcoming? Or is it just to try to draw more traffic to your site which eventually you will profit from? Even your own members see this forthcoming.

Just look at how Invision has acted on TAZ for the past year or so; the lack of class has been extremely noticeable. The way that the management at Invision represents themselves on and off their community has always been a red flag to me, and that ignores my personal reasons for disliking Invision as a company.

For something like this it either needs to be open source, or a product not owned/influenced by a major competitor in the industry it is for.

Last edited:
They aren't doing this out of the "goodness of their hearts". There will be paid tiers that push your sites higher in their feed.
Honestly, at this point I am also in the process of rethinking or questioning my commitment to Hive.
I have 3 smaller forums, some over 20 years old with good content related to the topic. But I don't generate any income.
In the end, I'm probably just the extra who fills the list of affiliated communities?
If the focus is on forums that can afford it - why not invest the money in Google to improve your own position in the search engine there?

The derogatory remarks against Xenforo also strike me. It's just not very professional and overshadows the project. But OK - what interest should Invison have in promoting small forums without an advertising budget and those with third-party software like Xenforo?
I'm afraid that in the end it will come down to the Invision forums being better supported by CH and one also wanting to get a benefit from CH apart from the advertising revenue.

Sorry, but I would want to see all this in a much friendlier way if the signs weren't pointing in a different direction - payment service with customer acquisition for Invission?

For me and my forums, it means watching and waiting, but always with a skeptical view of what is currently planned. :sneaky:
Maybe it would have been better if a project like CH was run by a more neutral party... :unsure:

I mean their wording more so says they find it unfortunate that their XenForo plugin isn't as stable as it could be, yet. Not sure how one can take what they said and come to the conclusion that they don't like all of the XenForo posts.

Reactions: RDR
I don't think it crawls I think it just pushes the threads to the hive via an API. I could be mistaken.

I don't think it crawls I think it just pushes the threads to the hive via an API. I could be mistaken.
It looks like it crawls in some fashion, it shows up as a "robot" on my memberlist. And I don't even have the addon installed!

I'm not 100% sold on this, as I don't want to become reliant on the service, nor do I want them to take over the page 1 rankings for the terms I have page 1'd.

I'd wait till a full stable release before I really consider it tbh.
The Hive's content which duplicates yours will not take over your first page ranking, trust me. Have you tried scrolling to the bottom on their page? There's a lot of content already deleted that once was listed. It takes weeks for google to crawl content, and google will also always know who's first in creating that content. Don't worry Ken, you're safe to go and proceed with this add on.

The Hive's content which duplicates yours will not take over your first page ranking, trust me. Have you tried scrolling to the bottom on their page? There's a lot of content already deleted that once was listed. It takes weeks for google to crawl content, and google will also always know who's first in creating that content. Don't worry Ken, you're safe to go and proceed with this add on.
I mean, I created a few threads last night and bingbot was indexing it like, 5 minutes later haha. Sometimes it indexes fast, sometimes not. I still want to wait for it to be close to release first, don't want to run an alpha/beta on live production site.

Top Bottom