Not a bug Comment Shows Like Option To Already Liked Posts

Divvens

Xfmg 1.0.9

A user reported this:

I found one bug in media section:

Bug: Showing 'Like' button for replies in any media that user have already liked before.

It brings it back in new media when there is any update/reply. So if user have checked it before and liked some replies and then when it comes back in new media and user opens it again it shows "Like" button instead of "Unlike".

I can't currently reproduce this in any of the current XFMG builds and no code surrounding this has been changed.

Can you reproduce it yourself? Here or at your own site?

We are in the process if trying to reproduce this at my site.

My user who reported it also stated (now) that it appears on media items after time (he can't pin the exact amount of time) since some of the newer ones he checked doesn't seem to have the issue but the older ones (the ones he liked before and a day or two has passed) shows like instead of unlike.

Me <- If you could comment on it and bump it up into 'new media' I'll check here too after a period of 12 hours :D

I can't currently reproduce this in any of the current XFMG builds and no code surrounding this has been changed.

My member reproduced it:
FSGx6FB.png

1- You liked other's replies
2- Left your reply
3- Someone else replies and you get alert over Media
4- Go to "New media" and from there open the particular media.

It should occur.

I could reproduce this also, following the same steps.

I don't really see what that screenshot is showing me.

The last comment suggests it the only one that has been liked by whoever took the screenshot, and it is the only one that has an "Unlike" link. This seems to be exactly what I would expect.

Can you reproduce it here? This is the key thing.

I don't really see what that screenshot is showing me.

The last comment suggests it the only one that has been liked by whoever took the screenshot, and it is the only one that has an "Unlike" link. This seems to be exactly what I would expect.

Can you reproduce it here? This is the key thing.
Sorry, let me explain:

The person reporting the bug is the #3 comment, he liked the #1 and #2 comment, came back after a few posts were made and the #1 and #2 posts have the like option and not the dislike option.

I'll try to reproduce this here.

Ok we cannot reproduce it either and now I suspect it to be a user side connection problem that doesn't actually like the posts in the first place.

Unless anyone else faces the same problem this bug can be tagged as not a bug.

We haven't changed anything so there's no reason to expect this would be fixed by updating.

If the users who are reporting this can consistently reproduce it on an item of media then in the first instance it would be interesting to see if disabling all other add-ons has any effect.

It's worth noting that the code for this hasn't changed significantly for well over a year, nearly two, so I'm quietly confident that we'd be seeing this very widely reported by now so I'm highly suspicious that there must be some other factors at play, here.

Reproducing it consistently is the key first step, then if we need to get access to your site, Admin CP and FTP/database then we will take a closer look.

We haven't changed anything so there's no reason to expect this would be fixed by updating.

If the users who are reporting this can consistently reproduce it on an item of media then in the first instance it would be interesting to see if disabling all other add-ons has any effect.

It's worth noting that the code for this hasn't changed significantly for well over a year, nearly two, so I'm quietly confident that we'd be seeing this very widely reported by now so I'm highly suspicious that there must be some other factors at play, here.

Reproducing it consistently is the key first step, then if we need to get access to your site, Admin CP and FTP/database then we will take a closer look.
Disabling add-ons on the live site is not possible, though I'll see if I have anything that is interfering with the Media gallery.

I could reproduce this myself after my session expired (around the same time I saw reports back to red after having already viewed all of them with no updates to them). Could it be a cache issue (memcached)?

I have a doubt on [bd] Cache, so have disabled it and re-liked all comments on the media that the users reported this, I'll check back after around 40 minutes (usually when reports always go back to being marked unread regardless of activity).

Ok, seems to be the [bd] Cache add-on now (at least couldn't reproduce it after disabling it, getting my members to check it out too).

@Chris D

It isn't that add-on either, it seems to be connected to the sessions (sessions is the one that times out every hour right?)

The thing is:
  • I liked two posts using my PC
  • I liked two posts using my MOBILE
  • Checking after 20/30 minutes interval didn't bring up this issue.
  • However checking after 2 hours or so: I could see the like button again. Something that happened and was awkward was for a bit I could see the like button only for the posts I've liked using the other device.
I think it's related to the cache set up somehow or the sessions, and yes this isn't a bug but an isolated issue with our forum. Would like to fix this though, can this be moved to media support/troubleshooting? :(

I need to figure out what is causing this to happen, it may be related to sessions somehow but what is interfering with it.

We'll be upgrading our server soon so if its any php/mysql version related problem that would fix itself... I guess everyone has firsts like this where problems just make you go "WTF" x1000

Weird that the same issue doesn't happen with posts but only on media comments, even on profile comments/posts the likes works as they should.

Top Bottom