Add-on CometChat Xenforo Chat Display

Dynamic

Hi everyone,

I am just wondering if it is possible for someone to make a tiny addon that will display the current users in the CometChat Chatroom. This is so I can add it to the sidebar for users to see. All I need it to do is tell me the current number of users in the chatroom. For example

Users in Chatroom: 10

Thanks.

Cometchat has a demo on their site with all the bells and whistles. I like it.

I asked them last week about doing an add-on for the number of users in the chat as they have for online friends and they told me it would cost about $100. So I'll wait for options.

I was thinking of getting Comet Chat, so I assume it works good with you guys?

We have been running the platinum version for 6 months now. The chat rooms do not have even basic moderator functions like ban or kick, and members complain about posts dropping/vanishing. The Facebook/Gtalk plugin will currently flag your site as a Phishing URL on Kaspersky internet security when used. Banned users can still access the chat and IM functions. No real updates in 6 months, even though many were promised. Personally I wish we would have went with ArrowChat, but that is my option, your mileage may vary. ;)

CometChat ran up my resources like crazy. I had to take it off.

I got the same problem. It's killing your database. With more than 150 concurrent users on XenForo Comet Chat is killing your site. After switching it off XenForo works perfect and resource utilization is 20-30 times smaller.

I use a full blown Chat Room including video and audio plus whiteboard etc:

1.webp 2.webp

It is fully integrated with my site users including their avatar and profile info like age, location etc plus I have a list of users currently in the Chat Room displayed in the Users Online side bar of the forums.

There are a lot of extras as well like being able to play a YouTube clip in it, playing sounds like scream, laugh etc and even the large animated emoticons like Messenger has, games for users to play and naturally it has multiple rooms for different topic discussions.

Reactions: DRE
I use a full blown Chat Room including video and audio plus whiteboard etc:

View attachment 35464 View attachment 35465

It is fully integrated with my site users including their avatar and profile info like age, location etc plus I have a list of users currently in the Chat Room displayed in the Users Online side bar of the forums.

There are a lot of extras as well like being able to play a YouTube clip in it, playing sounds like scream, laugh etc and even the large animated emoticons like Messenger has, games for users to play and naturally it has multiple rooms for different topic discussions.
which script are you using?

I am using 123FlashChat but they are the absolute worse people to deal with...once it is all installed and running, then it is great but a nightmare to get it to that stage. I finally have all the integration files now and it is locked to only registered users but it took some doing and at a cost...I will say that my users love it, they simply click the navbar menu option and it opens as another tab in their browser, select a room and start chatting.

It uses Red5 for the video/audio streaming which is a part of the install, I have it set to a max of 5 videos. If you want to have more then you will probably need to look at a dedicated server with adobe media streaming.

Another option is to use Influxis Hosting for media streaming. They actually have their own video/audio chat room app that is free when using their hosting along with many other free streaming apps like a Television Station etc so using Influxis on one of the very low cost plans to start with is the cheapest option

Damn. That can get expensive. Everyone is better off integrating tinychat with the site. A member on here had it to where your username was also your tinychat username.

I got the same problem. It's killing your database. With more than 150 concurrent users on XenForo Comet Chat is killing your site. After switching it off XenForo works perfect and resource utilization is 20-30 times smaller.

Does cometchat still do this or is version 5 OK? Anyone using comet chat?

We have been running the platinum version for 6 months now. The chat rooms do not have even basic moderator functions like ban or kick, and members complain about posts dropping/vanishing. The Facebook/Gtalk plugin will currently flag your site as a Phishing URL on Kaspersky internet security when used. Banned users can still access the chat and IM functions. No real updates in 6 months, even though many were promised. Personally I wish we would have went with ArrowChat, but that is my option, your mileage may vary. ;)

Any new updates on your experience? How is cometchat working now?

Damn. That can get expensive. Everyone is better off integrating tinychat with the site. A member on here had it to where your username was also your tinychat username.

A tinychat addon would be great. Something that would sync the usernames.

Any new updates on your experience? How is cometchat working now?

It's working okay, the latest update added ban and kick for moderators. Major complaints are you cannot cache sessions (APC, XCache, Other) with cometchat, any and every little change you request to make something work with Xenforo is answered by " that will take 2-4 hours at $50 an hour to do", still has allot of overhead.

It's working okay, the latest update added ban and kick for moderators. Major complaints are you cannot cache sessions (APC, XCache, Other) with cometchat, any and every little change you request to make something work with Xenforo is answered by " that will take 2-4 hours at $50 an hour to do", still has allot of overhead.

Are the status updates connected? If someone updates their status update on Xenforo does it update in Cometchat? Or the other way around? I remember I had emailed cometchat about this a year ago and they said they were working on it then I ever heard back and decided not to use it. I like the chat bar aspect which tells you which "buddies" are online and makes it easy to chat with them.

Are the status updates connected? If someone updates their status update on Xenforo does it update in Cometchat? Or the other way around? I remember I had emailed cometchat about this a year ago and they said they were working on it then I ever heard back and decided not to use it. I like the chat bar aspect which tells you which "buddies" are online and makes it easy to chat with them.

Nope, cometchat sand xenforo status are not connected, allot of things are being worked on. When they actually materialize is another story.

Top Bottom