Come On Commonwealth - Where's Our Competition?

Anthony Parsons

A little country rivalry is good, and normally England and Canada give Australia a good serving for equality at the Comm Games... but this year is dismal. What gives?

Come one all... a little country rivalry is required when the Comm Games are on.

Go aussies!!! ;)

Pfft takes the Kiwis to put the Aussies in their place ... oh wait I meant "to put Uganda in their place", we do have some competitors right?

The Poms will be better at the Olympic, when the Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish pretend they're all one happy family.
Pfft takes the Kiwis to put the Aussies in their place ... oh wait I meant "to put Uganda in their place", we do have some competitors right?
Enzed dominate the womens shot put, should do ok in the Rugby 7s too..

A little country rivalry is good, and normally England and Canada give Australia a good serving for equality at the Comm Games... but this year is dismal. What gives?

Come one all... a little country rivalry is required when the Comm Games are on.

Go aussies!!! ;)
We would love to be there but the Brits and the Canuks have been busy for the last few years holding their own games in the sandpit of Afganistan, europeans said they would attend to relief us (apart from the dutch, but they are honoury English anyway) for this event but they are still delayed at depatures or stuck in customs. At least our cricket team didn't get delayed. :):)

The Poms will be better at the Olympic, when the Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish pretend they're all one happy family.
I see hell and it is frozen over.

We would love to be there but the Brits and the Canuks have been busy for the last few years holding their own games in the sandpit of Afganistan, europeans said they would attend to relief us (apart from the dutch, but they are honoury English anyway) for this event but they are still delayed at depatures or stuck in customs. At least our cricket team didn't get delayed. :):)

I see hell and it is frozen over.

Ok .... i admit .... we are crap. But in the interests of Brit/Anzac relations i will not freely give in.

New Zealand are simply awesome in winning second place for some reason .... must be tiring listening to the Aussie anthem all day long :(

This is why I love being an Aussie - even at the Olympics we're on par with larger, better funded nations :D

Now only if we could get a decent cricket team going again :mad:

Lance I was actually asked on another forum what I thought made the Aussie team so good at cycling and swimming, that was an easy one, it's the two most used forms of evading police capture in this country ;)

Right now that NZ has broken it's gold medal drought time to run the Aussies down, we only need another 46 ... so if we win the sevens that's seven gold medals right? Gold totally overrated silver is where all the cool kids are hanging.

Right now that NZ has broken it's gold medal drought time to run the Aussies down, we only need another 46 ... so if we win the sevens that's seven gold medals right? Gold totally overrated silver is where all the cool kids are hanging.
Samoa are favourites for the 7s, reckon they'll be bloody tough to beat too.

Moses very true. Neither the NZRU or ARU have released international players to the games squads with the pending EOYT looming. New Zealand has a pretty handy squad though am not over confident they have the firepower outside Forbes, Cama, and Gear. Zac might be a handful but unbelievably we didn't pick SBW to give muscle to the backline.

Think we kick off tomorrow, no idea on free to air coverage ... no doubt it'll be pants though.

Oh and we're 53 gold medals behind Australia at the half way mark but have stormed into the top ten ....

Top Bottom