1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Come On Commonwealth - Where's Our Competition?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Anthony Parsons, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

A little country rivalry is good, and normally England and Canada give Australia a good serving for equality at the Comm Games... but this year is dismal. What gives?

Come one all... a little country rivalry is required when the Comm Games are on.

Go aussies!!! ;)

Travis and Moses like this.
  2. graham_w

graham_w Active Member

Did they send their second rate teams ? Or is that just the Aussies making them look that way ;)

3. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Pfft takes the Kiwis to put the Aussies in their place ... oh wait I meant "to put Uganda in their place", we do have some competitors right?

4. Moses

Moses Well-Known Member

The Poms will be better at the Olympic, when the Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish pretend they're all one happy family.
    Enzed dominate the womens shot put, should do ok in the Rugby 7s too..

5. Anthony Parsons

We have to do good in the Comm Games to makeup for the crap cricket team we have now.

6. leftie

leftie Active Member

We would love to be there but the Brits and the Canuks have been busy for the last few years holding their own games in the sandpit of Afganistan, europeans said they would attend to relief us (apart from the dutch, but they are honoury English anyway) for this event but they are still delayed at depatures or stuck in customs. At least our cricket team didn't get delayed. :):)

I see hell and it is frozen over.

Anthony Parsons likes this.
  7. leftie

leftie Active Member

Ok .... i admit .... we are crap. But in the interests of Brit/Anzac relations i will not freely give in.

Jethro likes this.
  8. Moses

Moses Well-Known Member

I heard all your batsmen got lost and had to be replaced with South Africans and Irish

Jethro likes this.
  9. Floris

Floris Guest

Go aussies!!! ;)

PLUS ONE

I have too many friends in .au now to ignore it :p

Dragonfly likes this.
  10. Travis

Travis Active Member

Aussie,Aussie,Aussie! Oi,Oi,Oi! :D

Anthony Parsons likes this.
  11. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

I am mortally wounded you are supporting the Aussies over the kiwis :eek:

[300 mode]
    This is New Zealand!
    [/300 mode]

12. Floris

Floris Guest

Give me a free iPad and I will quickly change teams :p

Jethro and Dragonfly like this.
  13. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

New Zealand are simply awesome in winning second place for some reason .... must be tiring listening to the Aussie anthem all day long :(

14. Lance

Lance New Member

This is why I love being an Aussie - even at the Olympics we're on par with larger, better funded nations :D

Now only if we could get a decent cricket team going again :mad:

15. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Lance I was actually asked on another forum what I thought made the Aussie team so good at cycling and swimming, that was an easy one, it's the two most used forms of evading police capture in this country ;)

16. Lance

Lance New Member

This is true, very true - don't forget we have a pretty damn good pole vaulter as well ;)

Jethro likes this.
  17. Anthony Parsons

Nearly on parity and about to be in front off with the US dollar... he he :p

18. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Right now that NZ has broken it's gold medal drought time to run the Aussies down, we only need another 46 ... so if we win the sevens that's seven gold medals right? Gold totally overrated silver is where all the cool kids are hanging.

19. Moses

Moses Well-Known Member

Samoa are favourites for the 7s, reckon they'll be bloody tough to beat too.

20. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Moses very true. Neither the NZRU or ARU have released international players to the games squads with the pending EOYT looming. New Zealand has a pretty handy squad though am not over confident they have the firepower outside Forbes, Cama, and Gear. Zac might be a handful but unbelievably we didn't pick SBW to give muscle to the backline.

Think we kick off tomorrow, no idea on free to air coverage ... no doubt it'll be pants though.

Oh and we're 53 gold medals behind Australia at the half way mark but have stormed into the top ten ....