XF 2.2 'Colourful' Jokes

Graham Smith

Our forum has been going for about 15 years and is visited daily by a number of people from my classic motorcycle club.

Most are of a 'certain age' and were brought up well before the woke agenda was ever a 'thing'.

Many years ago, jokes started creeping into some of our 'regular' forum categories, so I created a separate jokes category, where those who want to can post jokes, and those who want to go and take a look can do so.

There's nothing illegal about these jokes, it's just that some of them are 'a bit near the bone' and some less hardened forum users may find them offensive.

So, what's the best way forward?

Do I hide the forum category and those who want access have to apply to join?
Do I password protect it, and those who want to access it have to ask for the password?
Do I show the forum to everyone, and those of a nervous disposition ask to be removed so they no longer see it?

I'm really after some options so I can go back to the members and ask them what they want.

Thoughts please guys and how easy would these options be to achieve?

When I started a joke thread in our social forum I laid out some parameters to set the mood. Keep it light, nothing political or insulting. And for the most part, that's how it has remained. I think there's been a couple reply-bans in the thread but more for content that wasn't actually jokes than for any actual humour.

Make it opt in and then no-one can complain if they don't like the content.

When I started a joke thread in our social forum I laid out some parameters to set the mood. Keep it light, nothing political or insulting. And for the most part, that's how it has remained. I think there's been a couple reply-bans in the thread but more for content that wasn't actually jokes than for any actual humour.
Do you still have a copy of the parameters I could take a look at?

Top Bottom