XF 1.4 Colour guide

flitigalisa

I tried to search but I cannot really find a guide to the colours. Anyone who can point me in the right direction or explain the colour settings in the secondary colour section of the palette?

There is no guide.
Each colour in the palette is used in multiple locations.
You will need to change them one at a time and see which areas are affected.

It took a while and worked almost A ok until I reach the bottom section where changes seem really hard to pull off without making it unreadable in another place you never could imagine was changed at the same time :cry: Guess I'm back on the trial and errors.

But maybe you can tell me if it's possible to get rid of the gradient bars hosting the categories on the front page of the forum. I'd like to keep the bars but if they could be in one colour it really would make my day :D

Very helpful, thanks! (y)

A follow up question though. In which groups would I find the settings to tweak how me and the members look in this environment. Avatar background and such. So far I cannot seem to work it out:(

You will drive yourself crazy trying to use the color palette. It's OK for a few broad changes, anything past that is better done in Style Properties, or better still just put the relevant CSS in template EXTRA.css. Use Firebug in Firefox to identify the element you want to change.

You will drive yourself crazy trying to use the color palette. It's OK for a few broad changes, anything past that is better done in Style Properties, or better still just put the relevant CSS in template EXTRA.css. Use Firebug in Firefox to identify the element you want to change.
I found the style properties but still find it hard to figure what changes what and what goes where. It will obviously take some time but I'll get there, eventually.. ;)

Top Bottom