XF 1.3 Collation problem, not sure of the solution.

So I've recently purchased and installed a copy of the latest version of Xenforo. The initial plan was to import/convert my SMF database into the installation so my users can keep their accounts but before I was going to start doing that (I've read online that it's not that simple), I wanted to get Steam integrated first-off. I run a community of servers I develop for and I need it to make life easier for people to sign up.

Onto more important information...

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/steam-authentication-integration.42694/page-35

Basically, he mentions that it might be a problem with PHPMyAdmin but after looking into things and doing some research, I found this...

32bf39b4832a5bad114a62276f137a29.png

It's converting into 'varbinary' with 150 character limit for the actual key which should be their SteamID64. I'm been thinking of a few ideas on how to fix this but I'm not sure if Xenforo requires this to be setup this way or what. I'm needing the CommunityIDs in order to grant my administrators flags on my servers automatically via SQL connection. If there's a method to converting this binary code (which I think is what it's called) to the CommunityID with any number of methods, I would like to know.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
- Jack

phpMyAdmin doesn't display the raw values of binary/blob columns. You can choose to adjust how it displays these things on the results page. Otherwise, you could possibly make direct queries against the DB. This isn't really something we can provide official support for.

Beyond that, if you are having any issues with that add-on, you'll need to continue posting in its thread.

phpMyAdmin doesn't display the raw values of binary/blob columns. You can choose to adjust how it displays these things on the results page. Otherwise, you could possibly make direct queries against the DB. This isn't really something we can provide official support for.

Beyond that, if you are having any issues with that add-on, you'll need to continue posting in its thread.

I was under the impression that It was a problem with Xenforo itself so I made this thread. Thank you for the reply, I'll try some things.

- Jack

Top Bottom