Lack of interest Collapse multiple identical soft deletions?

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Andy Huang

I ran into either an over zealous case of multi-posting of same message, or reverse proxy acting up. In all cases, I got 4 messages with the same content. I proceeded to deleting them, and I end up with something like this:
XF-MultiDelete-Expanded.png

I think it will be nice if we can "collapse" multiple deletions with the same deletion reason, by the same administration/moderation team member. This can be particularly useful in getting rid of large amount of duplicate deletion messages, spam, or flame wars. Here is what I vision it could look like:
XF-MultiDelete-Collapsed.png

There should also be some hover over control that would appear which would allow those with permission to expand the messages, and show them should they choose to do so.

I trust that some people will hate this idea (much like my mini-me recommendation which is now in use), and this may take some time to get used to. But overall, I think this will make the interface cleaner, and make a slightly better user experience.

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Top Bottom