Resource icon

CodeMirror code editor for admin CP HTML/CSS inputs 1.0.1

No permission to download

Nerbert

Nerbert submitted a new resource:

CodeMirror code editor for admin CP HTML/CSS inputs - Replaces editor with CodeMirror for templates, template mods, notices, bb code

Product places a CodeMirror editor with toolbars in admin CP pages with HTML/CSS inputs. Active in Template Edit and Template Create pages (forum and admin), Template Modifications (forum and admin), Notices and BB Code.

Features:

• Fully phrased
  • Shows read-only version for the original template in Template Modifications
  • All versions expand to full size
  • All features available in full size versions...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
@Nerbert this looks fantastic! I'm a little nervous to use it though, without clarification of this:

• CodeMirror sometimes does not show the last few characters of the longest line. I cannot consistently reproduce this problem and I'm not competent to fix it. Use line wrapping to view the last few characters and place a few blank spaces at the end if you are going to modify the template anyway

Does that mean we need to find the single longest line in each and every template we edit, wrap the text, and add a few spaces?

Also, do you have any plans to update this to the latest version of CodeMirror?

@Nerbert this looks fantastic! I'm a little nervous to use it though, without clarification of this:

Does that mean we need to find the single longest line in each and every template we edit, wrap the text, and add a few spaces?

Also, do you have any plans to update this to the latest version of CodeMirror?
I haven't been doing much template work lately but I just checked in version 1.5.8 and everything seems to work so no update is necessary. As for the invisible characters problem it's just a minor nuisance. If for some reason you need to see the last few characters of the longest line you may want to add a few blank spaces if you're going to make any other changes. Otherwise just put up with it. It's hardly ever been a problem for me, I just wanted to go with full disclosure.

The editor doesn't change anything, all the text is still there. To put the problem another way, the scrollbar bangs up against the end before it scrolls the text all the way when you're trying to see the last few characters.

I've been using this editor (in earlier versions) for years, even before getting XenForo. if you have to add more to the longest line, just use text wrapping, add your new code and go back.

Top Bottom