1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained CodeMirror code editor for admin CP HTML/CSS inputs 1.0.1

Replaces editor with CodeMirror for templates, template mods, notices, bb code

1. Nerbert

Nerbert Member

Nerbert submitted a new resource:

CodeMirror code editor for admin CP HTML/CSS inputs - Replaces editor with CodeMirror for templates, template mods, notices, bb code

Read more about this resource...

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
    JustinHawk likes this.
  2. Nerbert

Nerbert Member

Some screen shots

tce1.png tce2.png

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  3. Cylent1

Cylent1 Active Member

screenshots?

4. Nerbert

Nerbert Member

Just uploaded them. A bit blurry but you can get the general idea

5. Nerbert

Nerbert Member

6. Joe Link

Joe Link Well-Known Member

@Nerbert this looks fantastic! I'm a little nervous to use it though, without clarification of this:

Does that mean we need to find the single longest line in each and every template we edit, wrap the text, and add a few spaces?

Also, do you have any plans to update this to the latest version of CodeMirror?

7. Nerbert

Nerbert Member

I haven't been doing much template work lately but I just checked in version 1.5.8 and everything seems to work so no update is necessary. As for the invisible characters problem it's just a minor nuisance. If for some reason you need to see the last few characters of the longest line you may want to add a few blank spaces if you're going to make any other changes. Otherwise just put up with it. It's hardly ever been a problem for me, I just wanted to go with full disclosure.

8. Joe Link

Joe Link Well-Known Member

Ok, so what you're saying is that they just don't show up in the editor?

9. Nerbert

Nerbert Member

The editor doesn't change anything, all the text is still there. To put the problem another way, the scrollbar bangs up against the end before it scrolls the text all the way when you're trying to see the last few characters.

I've been using this editor (in earlier versions) for years, even before getting XenForo. if you have to add more to the longest line, just use text wrapping, add your new code and go back.