Code of conduct placement

Alvin63

I'm looking for a better place to put the forum code of conduct. At the moment it has it's own node near the top but that pushed everything else down a bit. Ideally I'd like a link to click in the forum header bar that says "please read our code of conduct here". Any way of achieving that?

You could use an ad position in the header to put an image or text link, or use a notice likewise

Thanks. I'm not sure it would get seen in the header really. Notices didn't look quite right on my forum when I tried them. I did wonder about an extra tab along the top (where Members, Resources etc are) - is that achievable?

I did wonder about an extra tab along the top (where Members, Resources etc are) - is that achievable?
That's how I do it. You create a Navigation of type Basic and use the location of your code as the link. I also use the CMTV Rules add-on but this Rules add-on from @Ozzy47 is a maintained replacement for it. Easier to maintain than a static page node and lets someone making a report or a mod making a ruling to link to a specific rule.

Same here, though the legal stuff does point to the rules. My actual rules are here, which is the default location for the add-on I use:

Probably a bit longer than what you're thinking, but pared down from our original rules (I did a hard edit when I switched from a page node to this add-on).

You may be interested to see my "solution" which is an extra navigation at the top.

Obviously with any navigation system you have to strike a balance between (1) having all the items you want and (2) having too many which risks people not noticing the important ones.

So I am doping some trial and error still:

(NB: this is using the addon: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/cxf-top-navigation.6492/ )

Same here, though the legal stuff does point to the rules. My actual rules are here, which is the default location for the add-on I use:

Probably a bit longer than what you're thinking, but pared down from our original rules (I did a hard edit when I switched from a page node to this add-on).
Ah so on the home page - that's a thought. My home page has articles on but I could add it there. Although some people bypass the home page and go straight to the forum (bookmark the link to the forum).

You may be interested to see my "solution" which is an extra navigation at the top.

Obviously with any navigation system you have to strike a balance between (1) having all the items you want and (2) having too many which risks people not noticing the important ones.

So I am doping some trial and error still:

(NB: this is using the addon: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/cxf-top-navigation.6492/ )
Thanks - tricky isn't it. Where to put it. I've left it as a node for now but don't think anyone looks at it!

XF already has a place for it and a way to force users to acknowledge it.
/admin.php?force-agreement/terms

Top Bottom