CMS Alternatives - Will you wait? What others use?

glorify

Kind of wondering what people are doing on this front. There are advantages/disadvantages of using a built in CMS and using different software for a CMS.

With a CMS (Xenforos or XenAdvanced) seemingly a ways off, what are you doing?

I'm pretty invested in WordPress as my CMS and will probably stick with it unless Advanced or a future Xen product blows me away. I should have my WordPress template done either today or tomorrow :D

I'd hire projectego to install wordpress and integrate it into my style, look at his work here with the cms and xenforo http://projectego.net/
Wow. Thanks very much for the mention, Joe! I'm not exactly an expert on integrating WordPress with XF/vB - such as bridging users, threads etc. - but I can at least make templates that will give the illusion of the software being integrated.

I'd certainly love to see how XenAdvancd turns out. I used vBAdvanced for a short time before migrating over to WP and it was a very cool little CMS.

I'm pretty invested in WordPress as my CMS and will probably stick with it unless Advanced or a future Xen product blows me away. I should have my WordPress template done either today or tomorrow :D

I would use your add-on here, if it supported 3 columns. :( I love Wordpress.

Well, you can see my blog at www.onebuzymama.com.
That has the wider column to the left, and both narrow columns on the right. But most 3-column layouts have the wider column in the center, with narrow coumns on the right and left.

It would actually be great if you could code it so that admins have the option of having their wider column on the left, right, or center.

Top Bottom