1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CMS Alternatives - Will you wait? What others use?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by glorify, Oct 10, 2010.

1. glorify

glorify Well-Known Member

Kind of wondering what people are doing on this front. There are advantages/disadvantages of using a built in CMS and using different software for a CMS.

With a CMS (Xenforos or XenAdvanced) seemingly a ways off, what are you doing?

2. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

I'd hire projectego to install wordpress and integrate it into my style, look at his work here with the cms and xenforo http://projectego.net/

3. glorify

Nice. Like it.

4. bambua

bambua Well-Known Member

I'm pretty invested in WordPress as my CMS and will probably stick with it unless Advanced or a future Xen product blows me away. I should have my WordPress template done either today or tomorrow :D

5. glorify

Liking your vb4 integration.

6. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Patiently awaiting Brain for xfCMPS ;)

7. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Anyone know typical costs here ?
    For an average template ?

projectego likes this.
  8. oho

oho Member

I think I'll stick with WordPress as my CMS.

projectego likes this.
  9. Digital Doctor

Hopefully XenAdvanced is better than vBadvanced, as there are many more opportunities for XenA that vBA didn't have. vBadvanced was the best free "Home Page" for vB3. But vBadvanced was certainly not a CMS.

10. glorify

Right it's not, it's a portal, but it's a nice option. Used it before, customized it, and loved it.

11. projectego

projectego Active Member

Wow. Thanks very much for the mention, Joe! I'm not exactly an expert on integrating WordPress with XF/vB - such as bridging users, threads etc. - but I can at least make templates that will give the illusion of the software being integrated.

I'd certainly love to see how XenAdvancd turns out. I used vBAdvanced for a short time before migrating over to WP and it was a very cool little CMS.

12. Digital Doctor

Any news ?

13. Ranger375

Ranger375 Well-Known Member

I use vivvo CMS with the xenforo bridge

14. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

imo, that really doesn't look any better than Jaxel's portal.

15. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I would use your add-on here, if it supported 3 columns. :( I love Wordpress.

Victor likes this.
  16. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

actually, Brian posted yesterday on his site saying that it won't be until the end of this year at the earliest for XenAdvanced/Dynamics.

Digital Doctor likes this.
  17. bambua

bambua Well-Known Member

What type of a 3 column layout are you looking for, I could make a couple new template for it once I finish up what I'm testing now.

18. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Well, you can see my blog at www.onebuzymama.com.
    That has the wider column to the left, and both narrow columns on the right. But most 3-column layouts have the wider column in the center, with narrow coumns on the right and left.

It would actually be great if you could code it so that admins have the option of having their wider column on the left, right, or center.

19. Panupat

Panupat Well-Known Member

where can I read more about XenAdvance?

20. jonsidneyb

jonsidneyb Well-Known Member

I was not aware of this one. I need to check on that one.