Cloudflare and Xenforo? (Any better alternatives?)

I just switched over to Incapsula couple hours back.

I am monitoring the site and will update this thread soon.

Hi,

I actually work for Incapsula and I wanted to say 'Thanks' for using our service.
Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions/feedbacks.

You can PM me at feedbacks[at]incapsula[dot]com

Hi Igal,

I would rather this be an anonymous trial, free from vendor's feedback. That way, I can be sure that tickets are answered without anyone noticing it. (Well, you guys do and answered in quickly) and I can judge service response time instead of favoritism (works great so far :) ).

We used a dedicated server option.
Krypt.com have been my dedicated host for many years. Can't talk highly enough about them. The sort of host that is there when you need them, without being in your face (if you know what I mean).

I tried turning on/off RocketLauncher, Caching (Off/Basic/Simple/Agressive), Image Caching (Off/shrink image/cache/CDN), JS Minify (On/Off), CSS Compression (On/Off), Browser Check (On/Off), CDN Delivery (On/Basic/Off). Custom page settings, Custom Rules settings to no effect.

If you are having good results with Cloudflare - good for you. I didn't see anyone sharing best-practices settings information on exactly what to set. In the end, it got too much for us and had to let it go.

Understood, not trying to sell CF - but do see folks have difficulty with it. CF settings differ for each site, primarily due to themes/addons and server configuration.

I've setup an Incapsula account a moment ago, going to give it a try myself on a non-critical site.

Krypt.com have been my dedicated host for many years. Can't talk highly enough about them. The sort of host that is there when you need them, without being in your face (if you know what I mean).

I have a Xeon E3, 16GB, SSD drives. This would cost US$600+ per month using that ISP. I only pay a fraction of this amount with my current ISP.

Just wanted to say I setup a proper CDN and ditched Cloudflare and site loading times have been down in Google Analytics by a decent amount. Haven't tried Incapusla and I don't feel inclined to since just optimizing my server seems to have done enough good.

Also sent in 3+ reports to Cloudflare about loading issues. The first one they were super polite and said they were looking into it, but then after a few responses they fell silent. The rest of them went unreplied. If they couldn't figure it out or something I wish they would have just said so instead of keeping me in the dark.

Big orange button on the resource.
Screen Shot 2013-03-25 at 1.37.39 PM.webp

There are two good ones - Joe's Dedicated Servers and OVH.com/us/

You probably need a CDN and security.

I am still monitoring the Cloudflare vs. Incapsula situation. I have to say Incapsula is looking like a winner :)

Agree! everyone of my sites have now moved Away from cloudflare.
Only thing I'm using them for is the free DNS for my domains that redirect to the main forum (and those domains are about to expire and doubt if I will renew them).

It has been almost a month now.
Very happy customer.

1,830 bad vistors blocked,
872 bad bots blocked
3 illegal resource access blocked
26 cross-scripting access blocked
2 SQL injection blocked
6 IP address bans

Highly recommended.

Disclaimer:
Figures accurate as of today without any alternations or changes.

We are just happy customer of Incapsula and while we do recommend this service,
We request that you look at their security offerings before buying into Incapsula and make an informed decision.

If Incapsula do fail or lapse on their services, we will just move on and find another security provider to replace Incapsula without notice.

Top Bottom