Cloudflare and Xenforo? (Any better alternatives?)

Is cloudflare really needed? I'm still not really sold on the value of it as I'm worried it may interfere with addons or parts of the site or just complicate things. Is anyone here using it currently? Results?

I haven't used them myself, but they get in the way and claim the server you're trying to connect to is down, and thus you are served a cached page if you're lucky. The entire service just reeks of nastiness. That along with some email spam I received from them or one of their affiliated brands make me wary of using their services. I would rather place more trust in my host to provide me with hardware and active monitoring (from Seccuri) than a company that has shown some very strange and erratic behavior. Though I would caution you, Deepmartini, to make my personal opinion of the company as gospel. I'm sure there are people who have had wonderful experiences with the company.

Last edited:
Cloudflare has never been able to fix the offline messages for us, we had business level and even with the extra tests they just claimed the server was offline when it didnt appear to be.
The DNS has been rock solid though.

Mhhhhmmmm
See no DB error on this end....
How about Hard Refresh ? (Ctrl+F5)
hmm just noticed on pricing page another change, before for business plan additional sites cost US$19/month per site. But that info is now removed ?? So what's cost of additional site now as I have 2 sites on my business plan and no where indicates the cost for the additional site ?

Is cloudflare really needed? I'm still not really sold on the value of it as I'm worried it may interfere with addons or parts of the site or just complicate things. Is anyone here using it currently? Results?
It used to be worth having. Then the idiots 'accidentally' started showing offline messages (plastered with 'powered by cloudflare' ads). As I mentioned furthur up in this thread, I turned it off and both revenue and traffic increased significantly.

It's really not worth having unless you've got some obscenely low bandwidth limit, however if thats the case you should be looking for a new hosting provider.

Thats the only benefit it has. With cloudflare, out bandwidth usage was < 5GB a month. Now it's around 90GB a month. However its not really a problem given that any decent dedicated server provider will be providing at least 3TB bandwidth these days.

Hi

I`m sorry but I`m not sure you know what Incapsula does.

Here is a review from your own blog : link
The review says something about Google pagespeed score so I just checked it and I have attached a screen shot. Please tell me is that something to boast about?
mysevenforums.webp

CDN is just something that we use, not what we are.
You should find a better provider then. I am disappointed at the results I see. Please correct me if I am not looking hard enough.. I may have missed out on something.

Our true goal is to provide affordable security.

That I have no idea about. That is an entirely different product completely unrelated to the performance of a website.

The CDN related acceleration benefits are almost a "bonus".

It looks like a penalty more then "bonus" to me. Please see the sceen shot below. A 2 seconds response time doesnt look like a bonus to me.

response.webp

Finally, we have +350Gbps capacity for DDoS attacks, which we use in combination with other security services (i.e. our scrubbing algorithms)...
Consider how much it would cost to setup/manage a network like that.
Assuming this is even possible. :)

Next time one of my websites is bombarded with a DDoS attack I will try your services.

Having said all that, if you are a company with Global presence, managing 15 multi-gig pops on 4 different continents is probably not as cost-effective as 3rd party managed service, which will also cover failover, load balancing, etc.

I see a latency of 190ms here at New Delhi (India) and thats not Singapore or Hongkong. Not any where in South Asia. Its either Japan/South Korea or somewhere in Europe. Is your POP in Asia down temporarily or is that normal latency for India?

On a side note: I understand you are just doing your job and I am just being curious so please do not take offense. I mean no harm. Just trying to understand your services better thats all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom