Fixed Closing [/FONT] tag appearing when multiple fonts used in post

CTXMedia

I created a post today in my 1.1 beta1 site to demonstrate the fonts available and XF inserted the closing font tags into the post content on posting.

I edited the post and manually removed the tags but they reappeared on saving.

Screenshot enclosed.

I'll try to re-create here in the following post to this one. [Confirmed happens here also.]

Cheers,
Shaun :D

xf-edit-tag-appearing.webp

Arial:
This is a block of test text to test the text that testers will be testing with. It doesn't contain all the letters of the alphabet, but it does have the numbers 0123456789 and some punctuation marks such as: @~#'}{][=-+_!"£$%^&*<>,.?/ - which is great for testing whether the formatting of the text looks okay in various browsers or mobile devices.
Times New Roman:
This is a block of test text to test the text that testers will be testing with. It doesn't contain all the letters of the alphabet, but it does have the numbers 0123456789 and some punctuation marks such as: @~#'}{][=-+_!"£$%^&*<>,.?/ - which is great for testing whether the formatting of the text looks okay in various browsers or mobile devices.
Verdana:
Trebuchet MS:
This is a block of test text to test the text that testers will be testing with. It doesn't contain all the letters of the alphabet, but it does have the numbers 0123456789 and some punctuation marks such as: @~#'}{][=-+_!"£$%^&*<>,.?/ - which is great for testing whether the formatting of the text looks okay in various browsers or mobile devices.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

I pasted the phrase into the editor several times - positioned the cursor at the start of the text block and pressed ENTER to drop the text down and typed the font name, followed by a colon and then used CTRL+B to make the font name bold.

I then highlighted the entire paragraph up to the full stop at the end and applied the respective font.

Unfortunately it's just one of many formatting issues with the TinyMCE editor.

Ah, okay. I was just going to confirm it happens in 1.0 too. (y)

TBH that's only the second issue I've had with the editor - the only other one is the inability to get the cursor to appear (clicking a smiley activates the editor and away you go ... ;) ).

[Ironic edit - just froze when I tried to edit ... :ROFLMAO: ]

I believe I have this sorted now - and the example post output will change. It appears to be triggered by the string "[=" in certain circumstances. Nothing to do with the RTE.

Top Bottom