Close this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many experts do you actually have? Are any members of Unite or any other group certified in malware removal?

People that aren't certified or don't know what they are doing can cause more damage than the malware itself. I have a section on my tech site https://www.freepchelp.uk/ that deals with malware diagnosis and removal. Only certified malware experts and the person that posts for help can post in that section. That way users know they are getting expert help.

I wish you well with the site.

How many experts do you actually have? Are any members of Unite or any other group certified in malware removal?

People that aren't certified or don't know what they are doing can cause more damage than the malware itself. I have a section on my tech site https://www.freepchelp.uk/ that deals with malware diagnosis and removal. Only certified malware experts and the person that posts for help can post in that section. That way users know they are getting expert help.

View attachment 271061

Apparantly alot of stupid ones here.
Dont want to waste my energy here.

Last edited:
Hello,
We are all coming from 2 wellknown other fora and we started our own new Expert Community.
For myself i work as IT admin / System Admin / Webmaster for more than 30 years. We are not some young kids starting something here.
So you should put this forward on the forum, your expertise, because a forum that's only a few weeks old, whether you're 15 or 65 is just a forum with no experience.

See in my opinion this is why most admins don't submit their sites for a website critique. If they do they risk being ridiculed and belittled. It's one thing to make suggestions about the forum's appearance, content and offer up opinions but to question a persons knowledge of what their forum is about and skill level to speak on such a specific subject, to me anyway is entirely another matter. This forum business is hard enough already without other forum members going after each other. I think this is a case of an admin feeling a new website is intruding on on the same area of topic. But good luck to all, Like Rodney King infamously said "can't we all just get along"?

Last edited:
See in my opinion this is why most admins don't submit their sites for a website critique. If they do they risk being ridiculed and belittled. It's one thing to make suggestions about the forum's appearance, content and offer up opinions but to question a persons knowledge of what their forum is about and skill level to speak on such a specific subject, to me anyway is entirely another matter. This forum business is hard enough already without other forum members going after each other. I think this is a case of an admin feeling a new website is intruding on on the same area of topic. But good luck to all, Like Rodney King infamously said "can't we all just get along"?
When you are dealing in a area where not just anyone can help with a problem and in fact can cause more problems if they don't know what they are doing then what you say is way off base.

View attachment 271061

Last edited:
Some critique:

I always think it's a good idea for site text to not have spelling or grammatical errors, especially titles and descriptions.

Screenshot 2022-07-16 at 09.46.14.webp

When you are dealing in a area where not just anyone can help with a problem and in fact can cause more problems if they don't know what they are doing then what you say is way off base.
Well, that's the case for pretty much any forum where users seek help.

Wether it is a tech forum (where a post suggests to fix a broken fuse by just bypassing it), a health forum (where a post suggest bloodletting to cure a common cold) or a literature forum (where a post suggest to start a career wirh unlicensed re-release of already existing books under a new title) - wrong advice can be dangerous and usually not everybody can give good answers.

A Anti-Malware-Community IMHO isn't anything special in this regard.

Just my 0.02€

Reactions: AWS
Well, that's the case for pretty much any forum where users seek help.

Wether it is a tech forum (where a post suggests to fix a broken fuse by just bypassing it), a health forum (where a post suggest bloodletting to cure a common cold) or a literature forum (where a post suggest to start a career wirh unlicensed re-release of already existing books under a new title) - wrong advice can be dangerous and usually not everybody can give good answers.

A Anti-Malware-Community IMHO isn't anything special in this regard.

Just my 0.02€
View attachment 271061

Last edited:
@CyberForce - everyone starts somewhere - congratulations on your new community, it looks very good.

@AWS - you make a good point but there are many levels of malware and sometimes for a home computer or something it's good to get fast, reasonably priced help. For a business I would say your point is spot on, one needs to make sure one is dealing with a company that has a proven track record before allowing them server access.

Anyways, an interesting topic on a subject that touches a nerve with most of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom