Close an account

Blue

How do you close an account without banning? If you change the password and the user is still logged in, will they still be logged in after you change the password?

I'm not sure what you want to achieve but you could just set the View permission to Never.

That will effectively block them from the site without banning them.

How do you close an account without banning? If you change the password and the user is still logged in, will they still be logged in after you change the password?

They will not be able to log in once you change their passwords. However they can request a new one to be sent to their email address. So you might want to change their email addresses as well.

I have a "deregistered" usergroup with no permissions to do anything (other than view) and I just assign people to that group if they want to close their accounts (and remove them from all other groups and individually assigned permissions).

I don't delete accounts because experience has taught me that people often come back later, after the dust has settled from a scrap or when they've had a break and feel like joining in again - and they usually want their old account back. (y)

I have a "deregistered" usergroup with no permissions to do anything (other than view) and I just assign people to that group if they want to close their accounts (and remove them from all other groups and individually assigned permissions).

I don't delete accounts because experience has taught me that people often come back later, after the dust has settled from a scrap or when they've had a break and feel like joining in again - and they usually want their old account back. (y)
Good idea as well, thanks.

Top Bottom