Fixed Clicking the username/avatar of users with state "Awaiting email confirmation" doesn't do anything

Steffen

Affected version
When viewing a post of a user whose "User state" isn't "Valid" but "Awaiting email confirmation" then the username and the avatar are still displayed as clickable (mouse cursor changes on hover, blue link color) but clicking them actually doesn't do anything (unless the visitor has the "Bypass user privacy" permission). From a user perspective this seems to be broken. The Developer Tools console shows a 403 error:
Code:
GET https://localhost/xenforo/members/user.1234/?tooltip=true&...&_xfResponseType=json 403

Obviously, this is only a minor issue. I'm not sure what would be the best solution. Maybe don't show followers with an invalid user state?

(This also happens in the "About" tab of the profile page of a user if one of the followers has the "User state" "Awaiting email confirmation".)

Of course, another solution would be to show an error when clicking the username (i.e. the same thing that happens if the link is opened in a new tab / with JavaScript disabled).

I've actually reverted this to a somewhat behaviour to that of the member card in XF1 - we don't do any permission/privacy/valid user checks anymore.

Top Bottom