Fixed Clicking on the push notification, immediately after receiving it, doesn't resolve the alert icon

sbj

Using Firefox Quantum 67.0 64 bit.

When I receive alerts via push notification from my browser and I click on the notification immediately, it opens the link.

But the red alert icon on top right corner of the screen doesn't get resolved, even though I am looking at the post right now I got the alert from.

I think this is a bug but I am not sure.

We’d likely need more details or some other method of narrowing it down.

There’s really no expectation that this would fail so there may be some other factors.

Notably if it is an alert generated by an add-on or for a different content type that links to a post then the default code to mark the alert read won’t catch it.

Does it happen on any site (such as here) or just your own?

It happens for this site. I never paid attention to which type of content this happens, but next time I will make a screenshot of it and you can see what alert it is. I am pretty sure it happens for "new messages" type of alerts or "new resources created".

Maybe as a test, just write something back to me here and I will see if it reproduces the problem. Meanwhile I will leave the site and wait for the push notification. The key here is to immediately press on the push notification as soon as you see it. I'll be waiting for a response.

It happens for this site. I never paid attention to which type of content this happens, but next time I will make a screenshot of it and you can see what alert it is. I am pretty sure it happens for "new messages" type of alerts or "new resources created".

Maybe as a test, just write something back to me here and I will see if it reproduces the problem. Meanwhile I will leave the site and wait for the push notification. The key here is to immediately press on the push notification as soon as you see it. I'll be waiting for a response.

Ahoy.

Here it is. Funny enough, 2 times in a row.

I was browsing XF, then got a push notification, clicked on it, and as you see landed on the page, which is an alert about a new resource.

Yet you see still the alert being there, as if I haven't read the page. Happened twice in a row.

1)

2)

Happened right now again for another resource. So it might be RM related and not XF core related. I couldn't reproduce it for the XF core alerts so far.

Thank you for reporting this issue. It has now been resolved and we are aiming to include it in a future XFRM release (2.1.3).

Change log:
Automatically mark resource update alerts read correctly when viewing a resource.
Any changes made as a result of this issue being resolved may not be rolled out here until later.

Top Bottom