XF 1.2 Clean Up Post VB/VBSEO to XF Transition

Sola

Months after successfully moving a site and its traffic from VB/VBSEO to XF, and redirects continue to steer traffic in the right direction (from VB directory to the XF Directory), it is time to do away with the VB files altogether.

Now, what would you guys throw out or retain? What's your experience handling this clean up? The redirects don't need the physical VB files in place to function, right?

Regards!

I don't think they do, but I'm not the expert here :)

I would just remove everything not xF...

Basically, if it isn't one of these, delete it:

Code:
.htaccess
library
internal-data
data
install
index.php
styles
js
admin.php
admindav.php
deferred.php
fb_channel.php
payment_callback.php

Don't think I missed anything. If it doesn't have an extension above, it's a directory.

Months after successfully moving a site and its traffic from VB/VBSEO to XF, and redirects continue to steer traffic in the right direction (from VB directory to the XF Directory), it is time to do away with the VB files altogether.

Now, what would you guys throw out or retain? What's your experience handling this clean up? The redirects don't need the physical VB files in place to function, right?

Regards!
What are you using to redirect these links?

This is what I have left in my vB directory.

redirect.webp

Putting this on hold for now. VB is tied to Photopost via userDB. I will not tamper with it until I migrate PP to a gallery I'm currently keeping my eyes on.

'Will revive this call for help down the road. For now, thanks for adding your voice!

Top Bottom