1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Clean Up Post VB/VBSEO to XF Transition

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Sola, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Sola

Sola Active Member

Months after successfully moving a site and its traffic from VB/VBSEO to XF, and redirects continue to steer traffic in the right direction (from VB directory to the XF Directory), it is time to do away with the VB files altogether.

Now, what would you guys throw out or retain? What's your experience handling this clean up? The redirects don't need the physical VB files in place to function, right?

2. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

I don't think they do, but I'm not the expert here :)

I would just remove everything not xF...

Basically, if it isn't one of these, delete it:

Don't think I missed anything. If it doesn't have an extension above, it's a directory.
  3. Sola

Sola Active Member

Isn't the .htaccess file in the VB directory redirecting to the XF directory?
  4. Sola

Sola Active Member

Ignore this. I misread your post. My bad.
  5. DBA

DBA Well-Known Member

What are you using to redirect these links?

This is what I have left in my vB directory.

6. Sola

Sola Active Member

Putting this on hold for now. VB is tied to Photopost via userDB. I will not tamper with it until I migrate PP to a gallery I'm currently keeping my eyes on.

'Will revive this call for help down the road. For now, thanks for adding your voice!
  7. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Very likely not. Though I need to know exactly how your redirects are implemented. When the time comes I can take a look if you want to be certain.
    Sola likes this.
  8. Sola

Sola Active Member

You're the man. Thanks.