Clarification of mod's

The whole money/trust thing is interesting. I do a lot of free work for people. I have had several encounters with employers who are uncomfortable at the prospect of free labor. It's like they can't trust me unless I have a financial interest. I say I just like doing this stuff and they are like O_o.

The whole money/trust thing is interesting. I do a lot of free work for people. I have had several encounters with employers who are uncomfortable at the prospect of free labor. It's like they can't trust me unless I have a financial interest. I say I just like doing this stuff and they are like o_O.

Good point and interesting reaction from people. I started a community forum to promote businesses in the small town that I live in. An effort to help out since the borough itself does little to assist. The response to free advertising and business promotion was pathetic even when I explained that I was doing it to help out the community where I live. Off-topic I know.

The whole money/trust thing is interesting. I do a lot of free work for people. I have had several encounters with employers who are uncomfortable at the prospect of free labor. It's like they can't trust me unless I have a financial interest. I say I just like doing this stuff and they are like o_O.

Just so you know Jake (speaking for myself here) it was never about trust with my line of questions in this thread it was more of "people know what data staff have got" now they know the questions don't need repeated because slavik was kind enough to answer. It's not uncommon for some people to do free work without having any financial interest or some other kind of agenda. People like free, some people will always like providing freely and helping others they are just very far and few inbetween I think the saying goes.

Not that I care what anyone else thinks anyway.

I would feel very uncomfortable at the prospect of free labor as well. Personally I am very skeptic towards those who always are eager to help out others for free very often/all the time, because simply no one can be that altruistic. It is not in the human nature.

P.s. This was not meant at you Jake btw. It was in general.

I would feel very uncomfortable at the prospect of free labor as well. Personally I am very skeptic towards those who always are eager to help out others for free very often/all the time, because simply no one can be that altruistic. It is not in the human nature.

Sometimes I wonder is it has so much to do with being free as opposed to not costing what one perceives the value is. Have you ever run across the situation where an add-on is priced low and doesn't sell yet increase the cost a bit and it begins to sell?

Subconciously you'll also be concerned about what recourse you have if something done for free goes horribly wrong?!!

That being said I've done plenty for free because I enjoy the thing I'm doing and just so happen to be good at it. Crazy, I know, but I've often had more satisfaction from the free work I've done than from the paid work I do day-to-day for my employer. (y)

Dude. You have no idea (how true that is). I completely understand and do sincerely sympathize

Ask around....it is my nature...and I am human (right?)

and as far as free labor...and comfort level ...that is all semantic analysis and is basically boiled down to one's definition of laborious acts.
\/
For someone who really loves helping people, it is more laborious sometimes to find someone that can use YOUR help than to actually do the helping...to understand that you would have to be one of those people...

I wasn't always one of those people...and I am still capable of being who I was...I choose not to anymore...I look forward to helping people of my own will because I want to...it give me purpose aside from being a waste of space and perfectly good oxygen.

This makes me part of a solution, not a problem. For myself dealing with being part of the problem was a job that I wasn't willing to do anymore....it just became easier to help people.

Human nature has long been buried btw if you want to get technical...if you want to make a bet...start a poll and ask how many people have eviscerated something that was alive shortly before they were to eat it...and if their hands were the one that took that creatures life in order to survive theirs.

At the end of the day...life is what you make it...and as a collaborative whole...we get further when we allow others to fit into the role they are comfortable with...so long as that doesn't include removing someone else from their role by force.

Top Bottom