Chillin!

TheLaw

Here's another suggestion: Keep the hype in check so newcomers will be able to tell what is official and what is just jabber. Perhaps creating some type of conspicuous FAQ. Peggy... you've got a job ahead of ya! :D

I admit that it's fun to be around this many excited people. 20K posts in no time at all! I think the last time the forum development buzz was this loud was back in 2003 circa vB 3. The new kid on the block has barely spent a few weeks in his new world and we've already got discussions here (all unofficial from what I see) planning all sorts of pricing, integration options, a new car with the purchase of 10 or more licenses, etc. OK, maybe the last one isn't there yet. :) Cart is way in front of the horse... it's fun to have dreams but suggestion is to let new users know what is reality atm. Helps set expectations and provides patience for the magic that is happening to mature...

That's what the official Have You Seen forum is about. If you want conspiracies check in the discussions forums :)

Reactions: Nix
Here's another suggestion: Keep the hype in check so newcomers will be able to tell what is official and what is just jabber. Perhaps creating some type of conspicuous FAQ. Peggy... you've got a job ahead of ya! :D

I admit that it's fun to be around this many excited people. 20K posts in no time at all! I think the last time the forum development buzz was this loud was back in 2003 circa vB 3. The new kid on the block has barely spent a few weeks in his new world and we've already got discussions here (all unofficial from what I see) planning all sorts of pricing, integration options, a new car with the purchase of 10 or more licenses, etc. OK, maybe the last one isn't there yet. :) Cart is way in front of the horse... it's fun to have dreams but suggestion is to let new users know what is reality atm. Helps set expectations and provides patience for the magic that is happening to mature...

I really think a platform overview page should be started once the system comes closer to a release date, as well as starting up a demo system for how the backend works.

So far, I don't think there has been much confusion over hype and official features.

It's good but I'm talking about one page with FAQs. It will help quell the ADD that always happens... nice little bite sized pieces in one serving. :)

It's good but I'm talking about one page with FAQs. It will help quell the ADD that always happens... nice little bite sized pieces in one serving. :)

I wasn't saying not to do a FAQ page, but providing an overview with a FAQ included would provide more information, as well as the bite sized pieces.

If it used the page system, I can see it showing the full benefits of that system as well ;).

Next to that forums, there is also this thread for a few other questions that have been answered. http://xenforo.com/community/threads/random-questions-answered.114/
Someone would have to see that. I'd probably put it on the sidebar or somewhere else. The "Have you seen" section is a cute name but I'm not sure it immediately hits the ADD and there is also no sticky in there where a FAQ might be (and probably better in there than in the other section... and better named than "random" questions answered! :) )

Top Bottom