1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chessboard for xenforo (Available or not )

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Mohamed Nayeem, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Mohamed Nayeem

Mohamed Nayeem New Member

2. wang

wang Well-Known Member

I guess because there is no demand for it.
  3. Mohamed Nayeem

Million chess forums in the world

Xenforo is the best forum software

Xenforo must need [pgn] text [/pgn] Add on
  4. Mohamed Nayeem

any one develop chess board add on ?
    example [pgn] text [/pgn] or [pgn4web] text [/pgn4web]
  5. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

This forum is for pre-sales questions only.

It's safe to assume that creating a chess add-on for XF would be possible, especially if similar add-ons have been implemented in other forum platforms in the past.

Licensed customers can post here if they wish to fund development of an add-on from a third party developer:
  6. Ky Si Ao Den

Ky Si Ao Den New Member

Hello, I am also waiting for Chess Add-ons on Xenforo Forum. Waiting ... waiting ... help me!
  7. Terror

Terror Active Member

are you talking about a viewer or play by post?
  8. Iomega0318

Iomega0318 Member

Would be interesting to see a playable chess game built for XenForo, but until then I took what you posted in the OP and made this for you:
    It's not playable but it does what the links you posted do..
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  9. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

It is certainly possible as I had chess integrated into XF a while ago along with playback bbcodes for past games. Again, lack of interest made me unmotivated to continue with this among other things but assuming you have a license and a budget you could get this made.
  10. Iomega0318

Iomega0318 Member

Yeah I was thinking the same way of creating it.. but honestly I would rather just add in an actual playable form of some sort so you can actually play someone in real time.. although a Play by Post using BBCodes would also be interesting..
  11. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

Exactly, the game was in real time, but you could copy/paste the game ID into a post and end up with the options to view the game move by move by clicking forward or back, or click play and watch the game unfold at a speed of your choosing.

BBcode was literally just for viewing the previously played games, chess itself was at a static page and though I wanted to be able to open a running game at any time from an overlay, I stopped before I got that far.
  12. Iomega0318

Iomega0318 Member

Ahh okay gotcha!