Cheeky Spammers

akia

Seems like the spammers have got a new tactic they are using, the last 5 spammers that I've banned for spamming, have started to mark the original confirmation email that was sent to them as spam in revenge.

I use mandrill and keep a close eye on the reports. i'd noted that my complaint rate had jumped up so looked into it, and all of the complaints are from the confirmation mail by people banned for spamming.

Last edited:
Thats not good :eek: because I don't think we can do anything about it.

That's a nice feature.
So you can see exactly who marks your e-mail as spam?
Never had a look at mandrill. But it seems interesting. Are you using the free version?

Thats not good :eek: because I don't think we can do anything about it.

That's a nice feature.
So you can see exactly who marks your e-mail as spam?
Never had a look at mandrill. But it seems interesting. Are you using the free version?
Yea I use the free version, and it is good, they also automatically stop you from sending nay further emails to people that have marked the emails as spam which is handy.

I get this kind of revenge all the time from banned users too.
thankfully my users havn't twigged on to that yet, but saying that I've had a few that have marked it as spam where they havn't been banned but that earns them an instant ban anyway.

This is one of the reasons I've shied away from email confirmations during the registration process. I've also stopped sending "birthday" emails as well for the very same reason.

I also switched to Mandrill last night. I think it's awesome!
I love the reports. :cool: (y)

Top Bottom