Fixed Check for permissions before displaying "Edit your account details"

imthebest

After you register an account, you get the following screen telling you that your account is awaiting for email confirmation:

Untitled.webp

And as you can see, you provide the member the following links: "Return to the forum home page" and "Edit your account details". I have tested and on this forum I can click on the "Edit your account details" link and, in fact, I can edit my account details.

On my forum however that permission is disabled until the member confirms his account, however even when the member doesn't have the permission the system still shows him the link "Edit your account details" that when clicked gives the following error message: "You do not have permission to..."

I think it is a bug because there should be a check to see if the member have permissions to edit his account details before email confirmation. If he doesn't then you should not display the "Edit your account details" link.

Thanks.

Seems like a reasonable change so we've changed this for XF 1.4.4.

What will happen if a user entered his wrong email and wanted to change it? Contacting the board admin can take longer.
E-mail addresses can be changed via the "Contact Details" page. This is available to all registered users regardless of permissions/account state for this very reason.

Top Bottom