Check Add-On update [Deleted]

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 232995
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 232995

0815 submitted a new resource:

Check Add-On update - Always stay informed about new versions of your installed add-ons.

Always stay informed about new versions of your installed add-ons.

This add-on works quickly and without additional queries. It fetches a list with new versions from the update server at regular intervals and then compares the installed add-ons.

This add-on stands and falls with you. Since I don't have access to every paid add-on, many of the numerous paid add-ons are missing from the update database.

If you have installed an add-on that is not supported (this is made visible with a...

Read more about this resource...

Installed it. Impressed thus far.

Improvements I think could be made -

Upon submitting an Unsupported addon - The button you've clicked should transformed to 'Reported' with a different colour, indicating that you've already submitted. This adds further benefit to those users knowing that they've done a great thing! :D And. I have quite a few addons, and my memory is bad knowing whether I have submitted or not! :P So it will prevent you getting duplicates, or as much.

What addon page do you require? If it's on XF.com - Do you want the product page, or the history page?

So for example -
or

If it's on a private site, but not on XF.com - Do you just want the page for where it is available to purchase?

I think making the above information more clear is a good idea within the submission modal.

Thanks!! :D (Also, did you receive my multiple submissions? Not sure if it identifies who I am)

Quick info: I have received all the submissions.... These will be processed manually...
Thanks first of all. Tomorrow I'll go into more detail on your message. I'm already in bed😱
Sleep well! Awesome!

After upgrade of various addons the version number does not update in the addon overview.

After upgrade of various addons the version number does not update in the addon overview.
I don't think I understand you.... Please be more precise, screenshots are welcome.🤔

I mistook the issue. The real issue is that some releases have a dash. For example:
This addons current version is: 2.2.3-1
Which will show up in the addon list as: 2.2.3
After updating this addon, the addon will still be listed as having an update.

It would be nice to have a function to report an update.

Last edited:
The addon is really buggy, tested on a test site and same issue, the admin panel won't open. Not sure, but seems is badly coded.

I do understand that your admin panel ist not opening but what is happening instead? What kind of errors do you get (DB Errors, PHP Syntax Errors, 404 Error)?

The addon is really buggy, tested on a test site and same issue, the admin panel won't open. Not sure, but seems is badly coded.

I would be careful with statements like that. How do you know it's badly coded? Are you a developer? What other bugs did you discover and reported? Also, did you install the AddOn on your production site, even though it's stated as beta?

The AddOn works flawless on my production site with around 50 AddOns. Didn't discover a bug or other hickups so far. Works like a charme (even though it's beta).

That’s pretty harsh. Maybe you tell something about your system to verify the issue. I know the coder and he is not a bad one.. ;)

I do understand that your admin panel ist not opening but what is happening instead? What kind of errors do you get (DB Errors, PHP Syntax Errors, 404 Error)?

I would be careful with statements like that. How do you know it's badly coded? Are you a developer? What other bugs did you discover and reported? Also, did you install the AddOn on your production site, even though it's stated as beta?

Because 1 forum is down and an other I have no access to the admin panel. No need to be genius to understand that. An forum is just a test without addons.

No need to be genius to understand that.

So, would be the same when i'm saying you're a bad administrator since you're not be able to report a proper bug report at all. You're still not giving us some details about your errors even though I (or other guys) could help you out. What XF version, what error do you get, what php version,...?

This guy is trying to help the community with usefull AddOns for free and all you're doing is complaining. No need to be a genius to understand that this (yours) behaviour is just frustrating.

But did you get any errors in acp or on your server?

The only error I got is timeout when I have tried to access the admin panel. I wouldn't just go and leave bad review and wrong statements on someone's work without reason.

There's definitely something wrong with this addon.

So, would be the same when i'm saying you're a bad administrator since you're not be able to report a proper bug report at all. You're still not giving us some details about your errors even though I (or other guys) could help you out. What XF version, what error do you get, what php version,...?

This guy is trying to help the community with usefull AddOns for free and all you're doing is complaining. This behaviour is just frustrating!

Well pall, both live and test forums are run on 8.1 version. Latest XF version.

Anyway, I managed to fix both forums myself. However, personally I wouldn't touch this addon again.

Managed to fix 1 test forum, however with second one is messed up. All addons disappeared even if I can see that they are installed...

Top Bottom