Lack of interest Chatbox

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Dream

Didn't find it suggested already, so I'm throwing it in here. You know many many people use it.

To those who doesn't know what it is, it's a box on the forum home page where people can chat.

Edit: yes I know it can be a mod yayaya, it's just a hard one to code properly.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
When used correctly, the chatbox can be useful. Having said that, I don't think it should be a standard feature- it can increase load, and be a forum killer - but also, flaming of forum members can escalate in the medium.

More suitable as a plugin.

I would also agree this (for now in the early stages) it'll be best suited as an add-on. plenty of talented coders around and I'm sure one of them will pick up on this one.

...but also, flaming of forum members can escalate in the medium.

Exactly. When you provide a chatbox where every member can participate, you need Moderators. So, you need scheduled sessions, because there is no-one who is going to monitor chat session fulltime, are they? This is -amongst many other reasons- why I keep wishing a forum producer finally comes up with IM functionality like Facebook has... just 1-on-1 chats with your Friends.

Top Bottom