• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lack of interest Chatbox

Would/Do you use a chatbox on your forums?

• sure would

Votes: 20 52.6%
  • no, I wouldn't

Votes: 18 47.4%

• Total voters

Dream

Didn't find it suggested already, so I'm throwing it in here. You know many many people use it.

To those who doesn't know what it is, it's a box on the forum home page where people can chat.

Edit: yes I know it can be a mod yayaya, it's just a hard one to code properly.

Facepalmx2

IRC yes, chatbox, no. A chatbox just draws away from a user posting on your board, making conversation with others that can be viewed indefinitely, as opposed to a chatbox, which people would normally clear to keep loadtime on the board down.

Anthony Parsons

Whilst a chatbox is normally used in other forums, I actually think this specific design doesn't require it, as quite honestly the posting is a live environment with instantaneous data shown. What you used to replicate with a chatbox, this software tends to me a more live chat environment than seen in any prior forum software. Not sure it even has a use in this software to be perfectly honest.

All you need is for new posts to load directly underneath your own post, and the entire forum is a chatbox in essence.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Chat is very heavily used on my site, mainly for races so we can chat in real time.

I've already made the request last week.

If it's not standard then I will need another solution.
My members would not be happy without having chat functionality.