Chat box

Chat box [Paid] 1.5

No permission to buy ($35.00)

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Chat box - A chat box for your members.

Premium upgrade:

This XF2 add-on along with the entire collection can be purchased for $35.00 USD. Your Premium upgrade will allow you to download as many XF2 add-ons as you like for one year. Please see the entire collection located in the Resources area at this URL:

https://www.xf2addons.com/

Description:

A chat box for your members.

(Example of Chat box)

View attachment 274453

(Example of Chat box link in Visitor menu)

View attachment 274454...

Read more about this resource...

I’d love to add a chat box to my site. I took a look at this one. Some feedback from me…

1. There needs to be a way where pressing enter submits. That is pretty much the norm people expect when chatting. Having to mouse over to click Submit will kill adoption, IMO.

2. Live refresh of the chat. I saw in the other “Chat” add-on, you have something that says “Refresh seconds“ that is supposed to refresh “Chat information”. I couldn’t figure out what was being refreshed. The most important thing would be a refresh of the chat conversation. Ideally, live updates would be cool, but next best would be a refresh of the chat conversation box on a short timeframe (5-10 seconds for those with the window actively open to it).

3. Expansion on permissions… view vs. post. I could see a good use case here.

4. Default permissions… please don’t default enable the ability to view for users. I went to enable Administrators (for me to try it out on the live site), only to shortly after discover the default permissions upon install is to enable the chat box and enable View access for Registered. Most of your add-ons default to being locked down until permissions are set explicitly. I think this should be the same.

This is a great start, for sure! But one I’d have to at least see #1 and #2 addressed before I could realistically use it with any effectiveness with my community.

Thank you again for all you do Andy. Me digging into this reminded me that I needed to renew things for your add-ons (expired a few months back).

Top Bottom