Not a bug  Changing Username/Login when registered through Facebook

tmr

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd first of all say that XF looks awesome, I was about to purchase vB but a friend pointed me in this direction and I think I'm converted!

Anyway, I was eager when I signed up and seen the login with facebook option and decided to try it out. And now looking back at it, I wish my username wasn't my full name for privacy reason if I'm honest.

Can this be changed, is it a problem that I signed up with FB? I did a search but couldnt find much, but I can't find an option for me to change it myself or is it simply an Admin only job?

Just a little concerned as I could see this being a problem on my own future install.

Thanks

Tim

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
User names can only be changed by an administrator in the ACP.

You have the option of choosing a user name when you initially log in/sign up with Facebook.

You can try a demo here: http://xenforo.com/demo

if you want your user name here on XenForo.com changed, please use the Contact Us form: Contact Us

tmr

Thanks Brogan,

Maybe it was just in my haste I missed the username when I clicked Sign up with Facebook.

Though I can't see the Sign up with Facebook on the demo? Maybe it is because I already have associated my FB with another XF account?

Thanks for the quick response.

Tim