1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a Bug Changing Username/Login when registered through Facebook

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by tmr, Mar 14, 2011.

1. tmr

tmr Member

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd first of all say that XF looks awesome, I was about to purchase vB but a friend pointed me in this direction and I think I'm converted!

Anyway, I was eager when I signed up and seen the login with facebook option and decided to try it out. And now looking back at it, I wish my username wasn't my full name for privacy reason if I'm honest.

Can this be changed, is it a problem that I signed up with FB? I did a search but couldnt find much, but I can't find an option for me to change it myself or is it simply an Admin only job?

Just a little concerned as I could see this being a problem on my own future install.

Thanks

Tim

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

User names can only be changed by an administrator in the ACP.

You have the option of choosing a user name when you initially log in/sign up with Facebook.

You can try a demo here: http://xenforo.com/demo

if you want your user name here on XenForo.com changed, please use the Contact Us form: Contact Us

3. tmr

tmr Member

Thanks Brogan,

Maybe it was just in my haste I missed the username when I clicked Sign up with Facebook.

Though I can't see the Sign up with Facebook on the demo? Maybe it is because I already have associated my FB with another XF account?

Thanks for the quick response.

Tim

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You actually need a Facebook app to be able to sign up so it would need to be configured.
    See here: http://xenforo.com/help/facebook/

Having said that, it may be disabled/not possible on the demo.
    I haven't actually tried that personally.