XF 1.3 Changing User Upgrade from Permanent to Length with Subscribe

Mouth

I have a paid User Upgrade that is currently permanent, which puts users into a user group with additional/extended permissions. I wish to now change this upgrade so that it is for a length of time with subscription.

How will this impact the existing users that already have this active upgrade? Will they ..
  1. remain permanent
  2. change to length of time, with period starting today (when I change the upgrade)
  3. something else

Thanks.

Changes to an upgrade won't affect existing users (this applies going from a subscription to permanent as well), so it'll be option 1.

Thanks.
Is there a method available to commence all existing upgrades at the beginning of the period?
Even if I create a new upgrade, I don't see an option to manually add (existing) users (migrating from old permanent to new length) to it so that they do commence the length of time and then have to renew.

You would need to downgrade the existing users and then choose to manually upgrade them with a particular expiration date, if I'm understanding correctly.

Ouch. I have over 2,800 users with the active upgrade :(
I was hoping for an SQL to set all existing to have end date as today()+365days, and then when the subscription was due a year from now, they would be required to (re)enter their paypal details for the renewal and subscription. Not going to do a two-step manual process for 2,800+ users so I think I'll have to think of a different workflow to achieve.

Well, you can likely do it with a query; I will generally not recommend direct SQL though as there are often multiple tables that need to be updated.

Top Bottom