XF 1.3 Changing SubNav Links

Eric J.

Hey there, I'm currently finishing up a design for a client and I'm a little stumped.

http://i4.minus.com/iGn9kKnBFXsJJ.png

In the gray bar in the header (The one that contains the user info), I'm aiming to change the links on the right side on a per page basis. For example, I want the links to be different on /apples/ and /oranges/. Is there any variable in the XF system that lets me do this easily when I create a new page in the pages system? Otherwise I can probably do some if statements in the main template checking which page it's currently on. Hoping to find a better way though. D:

Hey there, I'm currently finishing up a design for a client and I'm a little stumped.

http://i4.minus.com/iGn9kKnBFXsJJ.png

In the gray bar in the header (The one that contains the user info), I'm aiming to change the links on the right side on a per page basis. For example, I want the links to be different on /apples/ and /oranges/. Is there any variable in the XF system that lets me do this easily when I create a new page in the pages system? Otherwise I can probably do some if statements in the main template checking which page it's currently on. Hoping to find a better way though. D:

Can't you use the body class that's added on each page?

If I'm understanding correctly:

.thread_vew .navTabs .navTab.selected .tabLinks a { color: #000; }
.forum_view .navTabs .navTab.selected .tabLinks a { color: #FFF; }

The extra class from the body would give the selector enough to override the default color.

Still looking for help with this. D:

One method, if the pages will be apart of the navigation, Jakes nodes as tab add-on allows you to define custom sub nav links.

The only other thing I can think of without an add-on would be to do a conditional in the navigation template to define the sub nav links(in side the forum tab since it's a page it would keep those sub-nav links).

Or I'm completely over thinking an easy answer :D

So just as an example of one possibility which I guess it's working,

ss1.webp

ss2.webp

Code:
<xen:if is="{$tabs.forums}">
       <li class="navTab forums {xen:if $tabs.forums.selected, 'selected', 'Popup PopupControl PopupClosed'}">

<a href="{$tabs.forums.href}" class="navLink">{$tabs.forums.title}</a>
         <a href="{$tabs.forums.href}" class="SplitCtrl" rel="Menu"></a>

<xen:if is="{$quickNavSelected} == 'node-18'">
         <div class="{xen:if {$tabs.forums.selected}, 'tabLinks', 'Menu JsOnly tabMenu'} forumsTabLinks">
           <div class="primaryContent menuHeader">
             <h3>Page Title Here</h3>
             <div class="muted">Description}</div>
           </div>
           <ul class="secondaryContent blockLinksList">
             <li><a href="google">Google.com</a></li>
           </ul>
         </div>   
         <xen:else />
         <div class="{xen:if {$tabs.forums.selected}, 'tabLinks', 'Menu JsOnly tabMenu'} forumsTabLinks">
           <div class="primaryContent menuHeader">
             <h3>{$tabs.forums.title}</h3>
             <div class="muted">{xen:phrase quick_links}</div>
           </div>
           <ul class="secondaryContent blockLinksList">
           <xen:hook name="navigation_tabs_forums">
             <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}"><li><a href="{xen:link 'forums/-/mark-read', $forum, 'date={$serverTime}'}" class="OverlayTrigger">{xen:phrase mark_forums_read}</a></li></xen:if>
             <xen:if is="{$canSearch}"><li><a href="{xen:link search, '', 'type=post'}">{xen:phrase search_forums}</a></li></xen:if>
             <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">
               <li><a href="{xen:link 'watched/forums'}">{xen:phrase watched_forums}</a></li>
               <li><a href="{xen:link 'watched/threads'}">{xen:phrase watched_threads}</a></li>
             </xen:if>
             <li><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/posts'}" rel="nofollow">{xen:if $visitor.user_id, {xen:phrase new_posts}, {xen:phrase recent_posts}}</a></li>
           </xen:hook>
           </ul>
         </div>
       </li>

Worked great, took a little tinkering since I separated the main tabs and sub navigation, but yeah definitely what I needed. For anyone else that might read this, it was this part specifically:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$quickNavSelected} == 'node-131'">
// Desired navigation for specific page
// Desired navigation for any other forum page

Thanks a bunch Russ.

Worked great, took a little tinkering since I separated the main tabs and sub navigation, but yeah definitely what I needed. For anyone else that might read this, it was this part specifically:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$quickNavSelected} == 'node-131'">
// Desired navigation for specific page
// Desired navigation for any other forum page

Thanks a bunch Russ.

No problem, I think this would work for multiple pages:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$quickNavSelected} == 'node-18'">
subnav
<xen:elseif is="{$quickNavSelected} == 'node-19'" />