XF 2.2 Changing registration link

TohruLeonis

Beginning to feel like a bit of a dunce/newbie on this but I have looked everywhere but to no avail, not finding an answer that's proving to resolve what I'm doing.

What I'm attempting to do is to change the default register link from it's current https://[domain]/forums/register to a different link https://[domain]/register. If I enable Friendly URL's, this change works properly in the Welcome header with it's register now button, but the button at the top left next to login remains the same.

I've tried using route filters but this hasn't worked at all. I've also tried a 3rd party add-on to change the default register link but that hasn't worked at all. The main focus is to have users that visit the forum register their account on the main WF website that will then sync their account to Xenforo via the XFtoWF plugin.

Any direction/help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
I went into the ACP under User Registration and unchecked Enable Registration but this still displays the Register button
That must be something to do with your custom style.

The register link/button is not displayed if registration is disabled.

1682796857793.png

when the initial install of XF2 was installed, it was placed into a folder called forums
I know.
That's why /forums/ is part of the URL for all XF links
If I enable Friendly URL's, this change works properly in the Welcome header with it's register now button
That's not an XF register form.
Looking at the source it's to do with buddypress/wp.

but the button at the top left next to login remains the same.
XF is installed in the /forums directory so all links have that as part of the base URL.

Do you want to disable registration via XF and have it just via WP?

Since my WP site is hosted, the Xenforo install is located in a /forums directory. So this makes sense against the base url. But to answer your question, yes, I want to disable registration via XF and have it just through WP.

I went into the ACP under User Registration and unchecked Enable Registration but this still displays the Register button, even if it is turned off in Public Navigation.

I went into the ACP under User Registration and unchecked Enable Registration but this still displays the Register button
That must be something to do with your custom style.

The register link/button is not displayed if registration is disabled.

1682796857793.png

when the initial install of XF2 was installed, it was placed into a folder called forums
I know.
That's why /forums/ is part of the URL for all XF links

Solution
Okay, this makes a bit lot more sense. I'll inquire with ThemeHouse regarding this since I'm using their Legend XF theme for the forums. Thanks for the assistance, Brogan.

Top Bottom